Hubby had shoulder surgery today...

They gave him "sugar water" intraveneously, and made him eat a cracker (saltine) before they would give him his medications. He is upset and worried that this means he has to restart his whole 30 (we are on day 24). Thoughts? I know medical supercedes plan, but is that only for medications?

The sugar water isn't much of a deal breaker. The cracker however will have reset his reset whether he likes it or not - the gut can't differentiate between an accidental slip, a conscious decision, or a Drs order - or a mouthful or a packetful of crackers for that matter with gluten & soy being two of the biggest gut disruptors.... If it were me I know what I'd be doing.

How would he feel about continuing on, rather than starting over? Did he plan to do reintros?

Ultimately he makes the decision - have a read at >this article< and let us know what he decides.

The most important thing is that the shoulder heals properly. He must've been alert during the surgery because most folks are loopy for a day. I enjoy talking with family members when they come out of surgery.  It's truth serum. They'll tell you exactly what's on their mind in no uncertain terms.  I had surgery once.  You wouldn't believe the things I said to my family members. big smile2 smiley Hope your DH recovers soon.  

Thanks all. He is doing whole30 as support for me, as is my son. He is liking the results though! They weighed him pre op and he has lost between 10-15lbs! His big issue I think is that he was looking forward to reintroducing some foods next week. I keep telling him that its OK to wait longer and do a whole 60 or even a whole rest of our lives! Its funny about the alertness MeadowLily, he was loopy for about 30 minutes. He kept asking me when the doctor was coming and when they were going to do the surgery /grins. Kept telling him they already had!

No secrets though... he kept saying he loves us!

Love.  That's exactly what most people talk about when they come out... how much they love you. Yes, yes, yes.

I told a choice few,  you don't love me but I named the ones who really did.  I told the ones who didn't, Go Home. Go, and don't come back.  Yes, some of those truths stick.  It changed some things.  When all is said and done, that's all that's going to matter. How much we loved one another.  

Archived