WARNING! Probably TMI Re: The Runs!

Schmee

Hello all!

I'm looking for advice on how to tweak my Whole 30 if possible.

I'm on Day 9 of my Whole 30 experience. All has gone fairly well so far. I think I'm experiencing the usual things most people do... sugar withdrawal, cravings, etc.

However, the one thing that is becoming a bit of a problem for me is that I have had diarrhoea since day one. I won't go into detail, but it's not pleasant for 9 days! I'm not experiencing stomach cramps or pain or even extra bloating and gas. In fact, I'd say I feel less bloated and gassy! But, if it does happen, let's just say I can't trust a fart!

I'm staying well hydrated with lots of water. I've been having about four litres every day (I do this for other health reasons).

My diet before I started the Whole 30 did contain vegetables and fibre and didn't have any digestive issues, and while I have increased my vegetable intake, I didn't think it would have this kind of effect on me, but I could be wrong!

So, any advice would be welcome. Like I said, I'm not physically uncomfortable with what's going on, but I would like to get it sorted as I feel that it's an indication that I'm not getting something quite right.

Thank you!

• Administrators

It's difficult to give you advice without knowing a thing about what you've been eating/doing the last 9 days.

Nuts, raw veggies, large amounts of unfamiliar foods (avocado, coconut etc) or large amounts of cruciferous veggies can all cause distress in your digestive system.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, Schmee said:

Hello all!

I'm looking for advice on how to tweak my Whole 30 if possible.

I'm on Day 9 of my Whole 30 experience. All has gone fairly well so far. I think I'm experiencing the usual things most people do... sugar withdrawal, cravings, etc.

However, the one thing that is becoming a bit of a problem for me is that I have had diarrhoea since day one. I won't go into detail, but it's not pleasant for 9 days! I'm not experiencing stomach cramps or pain or even extra bloating and gas. In fact, I'd say I feel less bloated and gassy! But, if it does happen, let's just say I can't trust a fart!

I'm staying well hydrated with lots of water. I've been having about four litres every day (I do this for other health reasons).

My diet before I started the Whole 30 did contain vegetables and fibre and didn't have any digestive issues, and while I have increased my vegetable intake, I didn't think it would have this kind of effect on me, but I could be wrong!

So, any advice would be welcome. Like I said, I'm not physically uncomfortable with what's going on, but I would like to get it sorted as I feel that it's an indication that I'm not getting something quite right.

Thank you!

Hello,

I've had the same diarrhoea issue since day 1 (I'm on day 13), also with no cramping, bloating, gas etc. Apologies if it's TMI, but it's much darker than usual too.

Prior to Whole30 I didn't eat as much veg, & nowhere near as much egg & meat. My BMs were always daily & mostly Type 4 on the Bristol Stool Scale. It concerns me that there's such a difference.

I followed days Sun - Weds from Whole30, I've been eating quite a lot of frittata, boiled eggs & nuts, roast chicken, lamb/beef/venison mince, & cooked veggies or salad with every meal, & one portion of fruits per day.

I'm making myself a raw & soaked almond or cashew milk latte most mornings, as opposed to a dairy milk one. I might try replacing with coconut milk for a few days to see if it makes a difference.

I'd welcome any advice too.

Many thanks!

Sam

Archived