Face breaking out - day 10

whole30gal

Hi there - My face has been breaking out this past week more than normal. This my second time doing the Whole30. I did it this past April and my face didn't break out. This time around I look like a teenager, but in in my 30's. The only thing I'm noticing that I'm doing differently is that I'm adding coconut milk to my coffee in the morning. Last time I just drank it black. Do you think this could be the cause?? I'm drinking plent of water too  

Typical day of meals:

eggs with veggies

grandcestor whole30 meal for lunch with fruit 

chicken or fish with veggies 

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just frustrates. 

Ah, I'm having the same issue; day 14.  But it's coordinated with my cycle I'm pretty sure.  Oddly worse cramps than usual (typically never get them) but change creates changes so will see where it goes..

I can only speak for myself but haven't had coconut milk, cream, meat, etc. and am still looking at a mountain range in the mirror.  In the past my dermatologist warned me dairy was likely the root of my flair-ups, so with that eliminated I definitely didn't expect this!

Best of luck to you though!  Hopefully you'll be able to solve it (:

10 hours ago, whole30gal said:

The only thing I'm noticing that I'm doing differently is that I'm adding coconut milk to my coffee in the morning.

Check your Coconut Milk tin for BPA - it's known to cause skin breakouts, and if it's new to you then it could well be the cause.

Failing that it could just be your hormones adjusting...

Thanks for the feedback. I too started  4 days before my cycle began. I think I might be hormonal related, but I was starting to think it could also be the coconut mile. I was drinking coconut milk prior to my second round, but the boxed kind. Not the whole30 approved. Hmmm. I am going to check the cans that I have at home and go from there. Thanks again :)

Archived