Gluten Free Bread

We went gf in July and (outside of w30) have found the secret with any gf product is to have it warm, this reduces the tough texture and gives a softness that would normally come from gluten. I have heard udi's is supposed to be nice.

I was gluten-free for a year before Whole30, and my daughter is GF now. The only way we can eat gluten-free bread is if it is toasted (for sandwiches) or warmed in the microwave if it's banana bread or some kind of muffin. I've also noticed that you have to toast GF bread longer than wheat bread.

Just a funny story -- I was on the beach with my family 2 years ago, and we were all eating sandwiches. Mine was the only GF one. A seagull swooped down and stole my sandwich right out of my hand, flew about 15 feet, then dropped it. We were pretty sure he hated the GF bread.

My family is gluten free and has been for a year. Even before starting W30 I had decided most gluten substitutes weren't worth the effort or expense. I enjoy eating the Whole30 way MUCH more than having commercial gluten free baked goods. I will say that shortly before startiing W30, I discovered that baking with almond meal is amazing, but the mass made stuff is horrid. I don't miss baked goods enough to want to eat fake ones. I still miss REAL baked goods, but that's too far off road even though I personally don't have major issues with gluten (other family members do).

Archived