Meat especially pork and beef

jess_momof2

My husband and I are going to start our first Whole 30 October 2nd! We have not eaten a lot of pork or beef, maybe a handful of times a year. I am nervous to introduce these products into our program. When he eats these 2 meats he is very gassy and gets an upset stomach. I usually don't have as much of a problem as he does.  I am assuming we could avoid these meats but am not 100% sure.  We cannot afford grass fed, pasture raised, organic meat so I am assuming this may be part of the problem as well.

• Moderators

You could avoid those meats. There have been vegetarians do Whole30 with nothing but eggs, and pescatarians do Whole30 with nothing but eggs and fish/shellfish, so you can certainly do either of those options or include chicken or turkey or any other meats you're comfortable with.

Sometimes people who aren't used to eating meat benefit from taking digestive enzymes when they do eat it to help them digest it better -- this article talks about those, although I'm not sure if the brand mentioned is still Whole30 compliant as it's an older article and sometimes companies change their formulas.

Archived