Kim's 3rd Log x2

genghiskhym

I'm restarting my log because of technical difficulties with the forum that appear to be resolved now. I don't see a way to delete the old post.

Starting for the 3rd time. My last Whole30 was June 2015. I need a reboot. My husband is doing it with me for the first time.

1. 3 eggs with spinach, red pepper, tomatoes and 1/2 avocado
  2. Carnitas with tomatoes on a bed of spinach with acorn squash & coconut butter
  3. Steak and green beans

--

I was hungry between breakfast and lunch so I made breakfast a little bigger today.

Day 2

1. 3 eggs with spinach, red pepper, tomatoes and 1/4 avocado and 2 slices W30 compliant bacon
  2. Carnitas with tomatoes on a bed of kale, cabbage & carrots with basil dressing and acorn squash & coconut butter
  3. Kielbasa sausage and cabbage

I got Food Freedom Forever yesterday and started reading it. It makes sense and it's comforting.

--

I definitely had the tiredness and lethargy expected on Day 2.

Day 3

1. 3 eggs with spinach and tomatoes, 2 homemade chicken sausages and an apple (first fruit since I started)
  2. Carnitas with tomatoes on a bed of kale, cabbage & carrots with basil dressing and acorn squash & coconut butter
  3. Chicken thighs with chimichurri and coleslaw

--

Energy-wise - I felt better yesterday and even better today. I did have some diarrhea though.

Day 4

1. 3 scrambled eggs and 2 homemade chicken sausages
  2. Carnitas on a bed of kale, cabbage & carrots with basil dressing. 1/2 sweet potato with coconut butter
  3. Spaghetti squash with roasted chicken and garlic bacon cream sauce (from the W30 website. made with mayo.)

--
Funny food dreams. I was at a movie theater and a friend had a waffle and gave me a piece of it. I was eating it and It was delicious. Then I was getting popcorn and I had plate of melted ice cream and was thinking about putting popcorn on top of it (gross). I also got a miniature milky way out of a bin and was eating that. Also, delicious and no guilt.

Day 5
  1. 3 eggs fried in ghee, 3 bacon
  2. Carnitas with Tessamae's BBQ sauce, spaghetti squash with coconut butter and an apple
  3. Meatloaf with coleslaw

--
More food dreams, but I can't remember them as well. I think was trying to be compliant in this one.

Day 6
  1. 3 scrambled eggs with spinach & 3 bacon
  2. Tuna, kale and tomato salad with basil vinaigrette, 1/2 a sweet potato with coconut butter
  3. Meatloaf with sugar snap peas and an apple

Day 8

I'm feeling good, sleeping well, no cravings and it's easy to just keep plugging along.

I'm eliminating eggs this week. I'm kinda of tired of them and I'm also curious if I feel better without them. I'll add them back in next week.

1. 2 homemade chicken sausages, sweet potatoes and 1/2 avocado.
  2. Green chile stew and salad with apple cider vinaigrette
  3. Ribeye with béarnaise, Brussels sprouts and one slice of complaint bacon.

Day 9

3. Mexican ground turkey romaine wraps

I didn't sleep well my first and second Whole30s. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for hours. This time I'm taking magnesium regularly. My sleep quality is much improved. I sleep through the night and feel like I slept hard. I have no way of knowing if it's the magnesium, but something is sure helping and I'm grateful for it. 

I have tiger blood and am feeling really good. I haven't been exercising, but I'm ready to start again. 

I'm enjoying all the time in the kitchen again. I love to cook, but between Whole30s I had less energy and was stuck in a food rut. I wasn't enjoying cooking or doing food prep. I'm making bone broth now, I have 2 squashes to roast plus pumpkin seeds. I'm going to brine some chicken breasts for pre-wo and post-wo snacks. I have the energy and time and am looking forward to it. 

The only thing that's not great is my BMs. I've had diarrhea for about a week now. 

Day 10 

3. Roast beef and coleslaw with homemade mayo

Day 11

1. Leftover taco meat, sweet potatoes and 1/2 avocado.
  3. Green chile stew, avocado and an apple

Day 12

1. 3 bacon, hash browns and 1/2 avocado
  2. burger with mustard and sweet potatoes with coconut butter
  3. Almond flour chicken with green beans 

Day 13

1. 3 scrambled eggs with spinach, 3 bacon and 1/3 of a huge avocado
  2. Brined chicken breast with a small roasted sweet potato and coconut butter
  3. Ribs with broccoli coleslaw

The brined chicken breast was delicious. I have developed a dislike for chicken breast lately, it just tastes gross to me sometimes. The brining made it palatable. http://meljoulwan.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/

Day 14

1. Chicken breast with squash and 1/3 of a huge avocado
  2. Carnitas with romaine, kale tomato salad and a banana
  3. I was hungry between lunch and dinner and ate a pumpkin lara bar. Mmmmmm.
  4. Beef stir fry - with onions, red bell pepper, green beans and the rest of the broccoli slaw (obviously this was without the mayo)

The tiger blood is gone and I kinda feel like I did on the first week: tired, thirsty and hungry.

Day 15

1. 3 eggs and 2 bacon and a banana
  2. Carnitas with romaine and kale, squash with coconut butter
  3. Zoodles with chicken and basil cream sauce (http://whole30.com/2014/08/mayo-ghee-sauces/)

Day 16

1. Leftover chicken, zucchini and basil cream sauce and a banana
  2. Carnitas with romaine and kale, squash with coconut butter
  3. Steak with bearnaise and brussel sprouts with bacon

Day 17

1. Bone broth with shrimp and roasted carrots and a banana
  2. Carnitas with romaine and kale and avocado, squash with coconut butter
  3. Chicken legs with cauliflower rice and broccoli

The constant, chronic lower back pain that I've had for two years is not feeling that bad. There was no change in it my first two Whole30s, but it seems like maybe something is relieving it now. If it lasts until reintroductions I think it will be very interesting to see if anything causes it to flare up.

At the end of my first Whole30 I started getting bouts of lightheadedness. It persisted through my second Whole30 and gradually went away as I started incorporating less healthy food back into my diet. I think that I believed that I was eating this perfectly healthy diet and nothing in my diet could be causing it. I did a bunch of research on other things that might cause it. I had just gone off the pill and thought maybe it was hormones, but I never really felt like I figured it out. On Day 13 of this Whole30 I experienced lightheadedness when I was squatting down putting away something in a cabinet and then stood up. This issue was really the bane of my second Whole30 and I was very disappointed when it happened again. This time I found a page about mineral deficiencies that can cause dizziness so I started taking a multi-vitamin that has those minerals. (I'm taking a separate magnesium supplement.) I haven't been dizzy since. If the multi-vitamin seems to keep it at bay I might try to figure out what the specific deficiency is and eat foods that have more of it. That could just be an exercise in frustration though, the multi-vitamin has a LOT of stuff in it.

Day 18

1. 2 scrambled eggs + 1 Brat Hans Sun-dried Tomato and Basil brat, purple sweet potato with coconut butter + raspberries
  2. Salmon with romaine and baby greens and 1/4 of a huge avocado, mayo-based dressing
  3. Burger with tomato & mustard + sweet potatoes

I realized that I'm forgetting to log every little thing, for example I had pumpkin seeds with my salad on days 14 & 15, so I'm going to start logging every day. I think the pumpkin seeds made me super tired. I'm not eating any more of them.

The shrimp in yesterday's breakfast wasn't very good and I didn't eat much of it. I figured I'd be okay until lunch but I was wrong. I got super anxious and sad and it was just not good. I ate lunch and felt better. It's annoying that I can't have one less than perfect meal and not feel like I'm going to fall apart.

My husband noticed that my breathing when I'm sleeping is quieter. He says I don't really snore (It's possible that he's just being nice. He's like that.), but my breathing is normally heavy and raspy(?), kind of hard to describe. He noticed this during previous Whole30s as well.

Well, logging didn't happen over the weekend.

Day 19

1. 3 eggs, 3 bacon + 1/3 of avocado
  2. Salad with salmon, raspberries and a creamy vinaigrette + sweet potatoes and coconut butter
  3. Pork chops and green beans (the French beans from Costco are so good) + handful of cashews

Day 20

1. 2 eggs, 1 sun-dried tomato and basil brat, sweet potatoes
  2. Salad with salmon, raspberries, avocado and cashews + ACV vinaigrette
  3. Zoodles with turkey tomato sauce

Day 21

1. 2 eggs, 1/2 brat, sweet potatoes and shredded zucchini
  2. Chocolate chili and salad with raspberries, avocado and balsamic vinaigrette http://meljoulwan.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/
  3. Almond flour chicken and green beans

I experienced lightheadedness a couple times yesterday and generally didn't feel well. I'm still taking the multi-vitamin and magnesium.

Highlight of the weekend: The Cubs are going to the World Series!

Archived