Snack ideas for picky eater?!

jeannie44

Made it through week 1 and on Day 9! I am a very picky eater and have been trying new things but I am starving most of the time.  I miss my salty crunchy snacks!

Any suggestions for someone who is really picky? I love nuts but have some digestive issues when eating them so had to give them up. I am not a big egg-eater but am forcing myself to eat 2 or 3 a week. Baby steps!  I like regular potatoes (allergic to sweet potatoes), a lot of fruits and a handful of veggies - lettuce, spinach, beans, carrots, celery, cauliflower. Other than meat, I don't know what to snack on. I tried Larabars (apple pie.) It was edible but took forever to chew and that kind of turned me away. Everything crunchy has nuts in it.

Any ideas for me?? 

Jeannie

Hi @jeannie44 & welcome to Whole30

Unfortunately you're not going to get any recommendations for snacks here because we really discourage them. You should be building your meals to keep you satisfed for 4-5hrs so there is no need to snack in between. Your digestive system needs some down time, and it's in this window that the magic happens & your body learns to turn to your fat stores for fuel. If this is tough for you right now you need to stick with it, plating meals that are slightly larger than you thik you can eat, and eating as much of them as you can. You'll be surprised how quickly your appetite increases, allowing you to go longer in between.

The crunch factor has been discussed on the forums many times - try googling 'Whole30 crunch' (or similar) for links to some previous threads on the subject which should give you plenty of ideas as to how you can incorpate crunch into your meals.

Hope this helps.

Archived