Basic Mayo

Revsgirl

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 1:52 PM, ladyshanny said:

Sounds like it didn't emulsify. What device did you use to blend it? Have a search on this forum or google "Whole30 mayo fail" and there are lots of tips and suggestions you'll find.

iI had the same problem. It definitely did not emulsify. I used a blender on highest speed; that is a lot of light olive oil to waste. Can I save it somehow?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Teresa Mills said:

iI had the same problem. It definitely did not emulsify. I used a blender on highest speed; that is a lot of light olive oil to waste. Can I save it somehow?

You can google "Whole30 mayo fail" and you will get lots of threads that discuss saving failed mayo. Do know that if your blender is extremely powerful (like a vitamix), they tend to get too hot and it causes the emulsification to break. You don't have to be whipping it that fast (remember, you can make mayo in a bowl with a whisk, you don't need that much power) so try your blender on a lower speed, try it by hand or try with a stick blender/immersion blender.

I have this little food processor  that I use to make mayo, and it never lets me down. The lid has two tiny holes in it that are perfect for a slow drizzle, so I don't have to worry about how fast I'm pouring the olive oil. Only $35, and I use it all the time for various recipes. I often have to do multiple batches since it doesn't hold much, but they do have bigger versions. 

Archived