Question for the Spicy Crones

DeborahSue

• Administrators

Hi @DeborahSue - I don't think I count as a "crone" (LOL) but I do know a thing or two. First, make sure you are drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of your bodyweight (eg, 180# person needs at least 90 ounce of water a day).

Second, if this is your first Whole30, there is almost definitely going to be an adjustment in hormones as your body balances out. I'm a bit surprised that you are only noticing it on Day 19. Hormones and cycles and vaginal dryness are all directly intertwined so it's not unreasonable to assume that if mild dryness is a problem for you, that it could be made worse as your get rebalanced.

You might want to go to your dr and get checked because it's possible that you have a yeast infection. Depending on what your diet was like coming into Whole30, you may also be experiencing the herxheimer reaction which is a massive die-off of yeast and can make normal yeasty-symptoms a whole bunch worse.

Can you give some background on your previous eating habits and your current Whole30 typical day?

Legal disclaimer --> As always, no one here is medically trained or equipped to give actual medical advice so if you are concerned, please see your doctor.

Peri. Meno Meno. Post. Pause.  There are stages of life that march on no matter what you do. If you have women elders, ask them.They'll tell you that with each passing day or year, the land down under is a Sierra. Parched, dry like tissue paper and Ooooo, I could go on but there are some things that take its natural course no matter what you do.  

It's actually much better now. Prior to Whole30, I ate pretty well. I've never been a soda drinker, and I kept the junk food to a minimum. I definitely ate too much bread, chocolate and drank wine regularly. I haven't experienced cravings so far (lucky me), and I haven't had any bad physical reactions to the change in diet. I can tell that my body is changing. I'm sleeping great, slimming down (I can tell by the way my clothes fit) and feeling happy.

Typical day now-dinner leftovers for breakfast, lunch is tuna or chicken with a big lettuce and bell pepper salad with Tessamae's dressing, dinner is meat and veggies. Last night was left-over pork roast mixed with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, onion and turnip greens. Tonight will be roasted chicken thighs with winter vegetables.

Archived