Enough excuses! Starting 11/21!!

MizRik

24 minutes ago, CCLaymon said:

I just don't trust myself yet, so at a minimum I'm on plan until January 2.

. . .

I have saved a lot of Christmas shopping for these last few days, and that is stressing me out.

Me, too, to "on plan until January 2" (at least). And me, too, about Christmas stress. I *really* want to finish the revisions on my novel before Christmas. I don't want to let my gym visits slide. The Whole30 definitely takes more prep and more cooking time from me. And I'm a touch behind on Christmas prep. All of that taken together...is just a little TOO MUCH to handle. So, *stress*!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The degree of suck you will experience in the first few days of the January Whole30 is in direct proportion to how far you go off the rails in the weeks leading up to the event.. You don't want to go into it with raging cravings, mental fog, lethargy, and one hot mess of a digestive tract, and turn the Kill all the Things day into KATT WEEK--especially if this is your second or third rodeo. As we know, the second Whole30 may be harder than the first as it is, so why make it even harder?"

*Wholesome newsletter from 12-19*

I am completely on board with doing another Whole30 on January 2, but this scares me...:o

Anyone else?  I know some of you are continuing through Christmas, but I am not.  I will pick it up again in January.

DAY 29!  I made it through my weekend away, but not without struggle.  It was probably the hardest couple of days I have had in the past 29.   But I'm still here thanks to the tips from @CCLaymon :)

I CANNOT WAIT for Day 31 to arrive!!  Not that I am going to go crazy and eat everything in sight, but I am just craving for some flexibility especially over the holidays.  Nothing Whole30 is appealing to me right now.  I just about gagged eating my eggs this morning!  :wacko:  I have

@mhemm  That scares me too!  :o  I'm not planning on doing a complete Whole30 in January, but I definitely want to follow it 85% of the time.  I am anxious about eating over the holidays.  I don't want to go cancel out all of my progress the past month! 

My clothes do not feel a whole lot different.  Some but not as much as I expected at this point which is a bit disappointing.  Not sure if I am looking forward to getting on the scale on Wednesday or not :unsure:  However, I do feel better in other ways and I know my eating habits will definitely be changed going forward :D

Wow these past few days have been HARD! But I have survived!!

Another thing that has made this harder is that ever since my sweet potato incident, I am feeling better as in I am not projectile vomiting, but my gut has not fully recovered. I have been feeling bloated and gross ever since! So I have had to fight the mindset of, I already feel like I am eating crappy food, so why not just eat it and enjoy it!! I know that's silly, but its just frustrating!!

I am dreading and looking forward to weighing in on Wednesday!!! I know that's not the most important piece of all of this, but its still important to me. Wish it wasn't.

Plans for me after day 30.... I have no true introduction plan. Gonna work on that today. I want to do a slow re-intro and enjoy Christmas and new year. All of my intake will be made with a lot of thought as I don't want to just go balls to the walls crazy with sugar, but I want to have fun. Then starting January 2nd its back in the game. I will take a planned break the weekend of January 20th, then back at it again until about a week before my cancun trip in February. So I guess in all reality I cant say I am doing another whole30 in January, but I am going to do it with the planned breaks anyway. Then maybe after cancun I will do another strict 30 days :) 

HOLY CRAP!! WE ARE ON DAY 29 PEOPLE!!!

1 hour ago, MizRik said:

HOLY CRAP!! WE ARE ON DAY 29 PEOPLE!!!

I find it hard to believe too! Seems like the month has FLOWN by!

Of course, I've barely started my FODMAP-free eating, so I'm just at the start of that. My heartburn/burning stomach is the lowest it's been yet, but it's not gone. The FODMAP info says that most people don't see real relief until 2 or 3 weeks of FODMAP-free eating have passed, and some take 6 months. So it is not surprising that my tummy still hurts a bit. ;)

Hello Whole 30 Sisters!  It has been an enlightening day for me.  First, I met with a friend and talked about how great the Whole 30 is, how much better I feel, etc. All true. In fact, I decided to put off working with the nutritionist for a while because I'm not ready to start introducing new foods yet. (Remember that I've done this 3 times before. I don't do well with the moderation, so it's much easier for me to stay on track.) So, that was a big decision. I'm not saying on I'm "on" forever, but I definitely am on for right now.  In the Food Freedom book it talks about only going off when it's "worth it."  I don't know how to judge that. I didn't eat cake at my own wedding. So, after that, what exactly is worth it? If it's really about people and experiences, I just have a hard time labeling food that way. 

I have a photo shoot for my new speaker sheet on Thursday, so I went shopping for an outfit this afternoon. I always hate shopping, but it was even worse than usual, and it really undid all my good feelings of the day. Mentally, I know how much better I'm doing. But nothing fit (even going up a size bigger than where I started 30 days ago). I was just miserable, and after 3 hours I decided to come home. Shopping is Dante's 10th circle of hell for me, so it's amazing I made it that long...

And so, I've decided to cancel the photo shoot for Thursday. I'll reschedule for the first week in January, and give myself a little more time to acclimate.  I'm not going off the rails or anything, but I'm not in a good place mentally.

That being said, I LOVE @Jessica NG's idea about the NSV reports. Can we all report in tomorrow with our NSV before weighing in Wednesday morning? Just speaking from experience that scale might not say what you'd like it to, and it will help us all to be focused on the many good things that are happening. Obviously, I'm giving myself my own pep talk :D. So glad you're all here to share all this with!

Here's an NSV checklist in case you need it: Whole 30 NSV

OMG you guys - IT'S DAY 30!!!!!:D

So off we go, like kids on the last day of school - off into the big scary world of food stuff.:o  I plan to reintroduce and enjoy Christmas food and drink, within reason, and then I think I will do a Whole30 week before my son's birthday in January and then back to a couple more weeks of Whole30.  I'm not sure when I will do a complete 30-day plan again, but soon.

Now that my body has become a fat-burning machine (instead of sugar-burning), I feel very soft.  My goal over the next month etc is to focus on strength training and overall fitness.  I go to my trainer on Thursday, but I need to start a routine of getting to the gym before work and not just when I'm meeting the trainer...

I am so proud of every one of you guys - this is a really big deal, and here we are, basking in it.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Congratulations, everyone!

Crazy busy day today, and I'm not sure I'll be able to visit the forum tonight, so I'm reporting my NSVs this morning. ;)

Physical (Outside)
• I look better in my swimsuit, firmer and more shapely
• My swimsuit FITS better, not as tight
• I feel more confidant about how I look, and I hold my head high as I go about living

Physical (Inside)
I'm sorry to say that the FODMAP issues meant I didn't do as well in this category.
• I have more gassiness, bloating, and loose you-know-what; in fact, I didn't have these before I started the Whole30
• I have a burny stomach, which I did not have before either

Mood, Emotion, and Psychology
• I feel happier, more confident, and more convinced that I can accomplish whatever I want to accomplish! :D
• I'm more optimistic
• My evening sugar dragon has vanished! Whoa! When did that happen? It subsided sometime in the 2nd week, but I didn't notice when it left altogether! :D
• I have many fewer carb cravings
• My self-esteem is up, and my self-confidence is up

Food and Behaviors
• Milk was my main binge; now that I'm not drinking milk, I'm not binging. Yay!
• I eat until I'm full, and then I stop; I didn't overeat a lot before, but I did some. Now I don't. Another yay! :D
• I'm no longer a slave to sugar
• My cravings are largely gone

Brain Function
• I have more mental stamina. I can continue doing mentally challenging tasks for longer.
• I feel more productive. Heck! I am more productive. :D

Sleep
• I awaken feeling refreshed

Energy
• I have more sustained energy than before
• I no longer have the 2 PM - 6 PM exhaustion

Lifestyle and Social
• I am modelling better eating habits for my kids (and I've already noticed that my daughter is watching and taking this in)
• I've learned to cook some new recipes and learned some new cooking techniques
• My meal planning skills have improved (although I hope to get more skillful yet as I continue)
• I do a lot more cooking, because I now have the late afternoon/early evening energy I need in order to do that cooking! :D
• I feel really good that my food habits now match the healthy sleep habits and healthy exercise habits that I'd been cultivating over the summer and fall!

I've gotta say...

I feel really good about most of the above!!! :D

I plan to NOT hop on the scale tomorrow. I chose not to hide my eyes when I stood on the scale at the doctor's office, so I already know that I lost 7 pounds, and I feel very happy and satisfied about that. But since it was only a week ago, I think it is very unlikely that the number will have changed much tomorrow. And I do want to lose more fat/weight. So I'm not going to blow my buzz! I'll wait until January 20 before I check the scale again.

And now... I am eager to hear about all of your successes! :D

DAY 30!!!!!!!!! 

Yes, I am a little excited!  LOL 

@Jessica NG  Thanks for suggesting we report our NSVs BEFORE getting on the scale tomorrow!  I've been stressing out about that but making my list helped me see the bigger picture :)    Here goes .....

Physical (outside)

I have:

• Fewer under eye circles

• Flatter stomach

• Leaner appearance

• Clothes fitting better

• Feeling more confident in my appearance

Physical (inside)

I have:

• Less stiff joints

• Less stomach pain

• Less acid reflux

Mood, Emotion, Psychology

• Happier

• Less anxious

• Handle stress better

• Fewer mood swings

• Fewer carb cravings

• Improved body image

• Less reliance on the scale

• Feel more in control of my food

Food and Behaviors

• Healthier relationship with food

• Practice mindful eating

• Learned to read labels more often

• Listen to my body

• Tried new foods and recipes

• No longer use food for comfort

• Can identify cravings vs hunger

• Fewer cravings

• Healthy strategies to deal with cravings

• More nutrition in my diet

Brain function:

•  Think more clearly
  • Generally feel more productive

Sleep

• Sleep more soundly

Energy

I have:

• More even energy levels

• More energy in the morning

• Less frequent mid-day slumps

• More energy between meals

Sport, Exercise and Play

I didn’t really exercise more during my Whole30 but I know I want to start a regular exercise program which I haven’t done for over a year.  This was to be a kick-start to this and it worked!

Lifestyle and Social

• New cooking skills

• New recipes

• Meal prep is more organized and efficient

• Created other health goals

No matter what the scale says tomorrow, I know I have lots of successes from my Whole30, although a weight loss of at least 5lbs would be great, I can't lie .... LOL!   I know this is not really the end, but just the beginning of a newer more aware relationship with food that I plan to continue on with in the future.    I am very proud of finishing this program especially since it seemed so daunting at the beginning!  Just proves we can do anything when we commit 100 percent :) 

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE IN THIS AWESOME SUPPORTIVE GROUP!!!   

WE ROCK!!!!! :D:wub::lol:

Congratulations to ALL of you for reaching day 30 - especially  @MizRik @mhemm @CCLaymon @Jessica NG. I've been secretly stalking your string since the beginning, and have enjoyed (in a warped and twisted way) following your journeys.  You've all achieved a fabulous thing - and I hope that you're able to take everything you've learned, all the good habits and good feelings further.  Thank you so much for sharing your stories - your ups, downs and (most importantly) your impressive victories.  hugs to all! :D

Here it is - it's a LONG one!:D

Physical (outside)

Glowing skin

Longer, stronger nails

Stronger, thicker hair

Brighter eyes (they look BIGGER)

Flatter stomach

Leaner appearance

Clothes fitting better

Wedding ring NOT FITTING:o

Less bloating

Feeling more confident in your appearance

Physical (inside)

Increased libido^_^

Less stomach pain

Less bloating

Fewer headaches

Less heartburn

Not sure about numbers, haven't been to dr

Mood, Emotion, Psychology

Happier***

More Patient

More optimistic*

Laugh more

Less Anxious*

Less stressed

Handle stress better

Kids say you're more fun

Less depression*

Improved mental health

Fewer sugar cravings

Improved body image

Improved self-esteem

Improved self-confidence

Less reliance on the scale

Feeling in control of your food

Food and Behaviors

Healthier relationship with food

Practicing mindful eating

Learned how to read a label

Listens to your body

Learned how to cook (better)

No longer a slave to sugar/carbs

Fewer cravings

More nutrition in your diet

Brain Function

Improved attention span

Improved performance at job

Think more clearly

Feel more productive

Sleep

Sleeping more

Fall asleep more easily

Sleep more soundly

Waken feeling refreshed

Energy

ALL THE THINGS

Sport, Exercise, and Play

Feel more athletic

Trying new activities

Lifestyle & Social

New healthy habits to teach my kids

More knowledgeable about nutrition

New cooking skills

New recipes

Meal prep is organized and efficient

New like-minded friends - YOU!!!

Created other health goals

Joined a new community - HERE!!!

People ask what you're doing differently

People come to you for health, food, or lifestyle advice

You ARE Whole30

*These are HUGE 

Before I post my NSV's, I want to share that I went shopping once more today in a last ditch effort to find something for the photo shoot. I was successful and in a pretty short period of time!  First, I feeling some monthly bloat yesterday, but I also wearing a padded bra. (I do not NEED a padded bra, but it was from the husband while everything else was in the wash, LOL!) Anyway, it made everything very tight in the chest.  Amazing what a good fitting bra can do for you ;) I really want to get these pictures taken and move on, so I'm glad I found something today.

And, one word of advice for those jumping off the wagon for the holidays: the more you go off the rails, the harder it will be coming back. 

@mhemm I think that's what makes the 2nd whole30 harder, that you know what to expect and it doesn't seem that endearing the second time around. :D  But if you don't go too crazy, I think you'll be fine!  And thanks for sharing on the libido :D

@gina724 and @nomorecruchycravings, we're glad to have yo along! (Why are no one's name's linking?)

MY NSV'S

Physical (outside): Glowing skin, clothes fitting better, wedding ring fitting better, feeling more confident in my appearance

Physical (inside): Less painful joints, more regular monthly cycle (that's actually what I went to the doctor for, but it's better now

Mood and Emotion: Happier, more outgoing, more patient, more optimistic, less anxious and stressed, fewer sugar and carb cravings, improved self-confidence, more in control of my food

Food and Behaviors: healthier relationship with food, improved disordered eating habits, no longer used food for comfort/reward/punishment/love, FEWER CRAVINGS, no food guilt or shame

Brain function: Improved attention span, improved job performance, improved memory, thinking more clearly, more productive

Sleep: No more snooze button, awaken feeling refreshed

Energy: Energy levels higher all day, only caffeine is 6oz coffee in the morning

Exercise: I like to exercise, but didn't do it much during this round - maybe 10 days? That's a goal for next round

Lifestyle: new recipes, JOINED A NEW COMMUNITY!!, I AM WHOLE 30! Woo hoo!

I'm looking forward to reports tomorrow from anyone who reintroduces something. How did it go? Was it worth it?

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM! WE MADE IT!

Archived