ROUGH PATCH GALORE!

Ariane

Day 18 I think I'm having a Whole30 meltdown!  Help!  Yesterday, I worked a 12 hour shift and was feeling pretty good.  Then I ate the worst hamburger ever--tasted like cardboard and was wrapped in lettuce, a tomato slice and onion.  This morning, I felt like I got hit by a train.  I slept fairly well, about 7 hours but had the worst nausea and ZERO energy which is unlike how I was feeling the last week.  I'm not sure what to attribute this too.  So today was such a bad day.  Didn't really eat breakfast cause of my nausea but managed to eat a hard boiled egg and an apple at around 7. Practically skipped lunch and was so tired and sleepy I laid in bed for about 4 hours.  Then finally forced myself to eat roasted beets, grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado, but couldn't eat much.  Felt a tad bit better and then ate a little bit of mango.  Now (5 pm) it's time for dinner and I'm nauseated and not hungry again.  

Where did I go wrong??? Could my body not like hamburger meat?  Did I not eat enough fats with dinner?  This is so discouraging and I really don't wanna quit cause I've gone so far.  Please advise!

• Moderators

Did you make the hamburger, or did you buy it somewhere? If you bought it and didn't double check everything, it's possible there was something like bread crumbs as filler, or maybe the cooking oil or something else you're reacting to. Or you could have picked up a virus and it's not related to food at all. Or it could be because you haven't eaten enough -- one thing I found strange when I first started Whole30 is that my hunger signals are different than they used to be, and sometimes when I'm hungry, I feel a little bit nauseated, which makes me not want to eat, but if I make myself eat a little bit, I start feeling better.

• 1 month later...

I'm a nurse (nights) and work 12 hour shifts twice a week.  I've done a handful of W30s and ALWAYS feel this way on day 17 or 18.  Don't know why, but it passes quickly.  I know this post was from a while ago, but thought I'd weigh in that it seems to be normal for me.

Archived