12/12- Starting :D

Guerita27

I am new to all of this. Just seen this today and been knowing for along time how unhealthy i am, being 70 lbs over weight... After seeing this i realized that i need to finally take action and actually do something about it. I have tried excercizing and trying to eat better, but seeing no results made my confidence go down and when your as out of shape as me its hard to understand the struggles with excercizing and the daily cravings for sweets. But now its time to make that decision. The decision to drop it all, no matter how hard it is to resist. Im hoping there are meal plans on here somewhere with what i can eat or cook since almost everything is formidden... that is my main thing is hard to think of food ideas especially without being able to use breads, rice, pasta for side items.... and i eat sweets daily i believe i might even have Candida overgrowth maybe being the cause of my sugar addiction and inability to lose when i was excercizing. But my number 1 reason above all for doing this is my children. I have 4 children... 5, 7, 8, & 9. And i wantnto be a role model for them, i want to set good examples. I dont want them to remember me as being a fat , out of shape mom :'(  I want to be able to run and play with them without getting tired. Many things i want to do with them. And also give them new eating habits as well, because i do not want them to grow up and become obese like me, i will never forgive myself if ai let that happen just because i am feeding them the wrong foods....

So #1 - for my babies

#2- to be healhier overall

#3- to have more energy and do things with hem and be more active.

#4- overall confidence in myself and my body (because right now there is 0)

#5 - and last would be to fit in smaller clothes. Tired of everything i try on not fitting, tired of being sad because of that. 

So everyone.... 12/12 is the day. And i picked that day so I could have enough time to plan what I need to buy, shop for it, clean out my cabinets.

Any tips/ help would be great. 

Ideas for what i can fix....like i know meat, eggs, vegetables.... but are thwre any recipes or if not how can i eat the meat... just regular or is there some ideas. -----

Also ideas for the kids meal prepping. As i said above i want to cook better for them and change their earing habits because alot of what they eat is microwave any ideas of meal plans for them that doesnt have bread, pastas, rice, its so hard because i fix those on almost every side dish. All ideas are appreciated.

• Moderators
On 11/29/2016 at 9:46 AM, Guerita27 said:

Any tips/ help would be great. 

Ideas for what i can fix....like i know meat, eggs, vegetables.... but are thwre any recipes or if not how can i eat the meat... just regular or is there some ideas. -----

Also ideas for the kids meal prepping. As i said above i want to cook better for them and change their earing habits because alot of what they eat is microwave any ideas of meal plans for them that doesnt have bread, pastas, rice, its so hard because i fix those on almost every side dish. All ideas are appreciated.

You can cook the meat and vegetables any way you want to, as long as you don't add anything to them that would make them not compliant. Most of the packets of seasonings you can buy like taco seasoning are going to have things in them that you can't have on Whole30, but there are plenty of recipes for making your own.

Nom Nom Paleo has a lot of recipes, many of them are Whole30 compliant or can easily be altered to be. Every year she does a post around the beginning of the school year with lunchbox ideas for kids that are fun.

Whole Life Eating is all Whole30 compliant recipes, put together by one of the other moderators here.

Well Fed also has a lot of recipes that are mostly Whole30. I personally like her version of meal planning, which is more a weekly cookup to make sure there's plenty of food available throughout the week than a strict plan of what each meal is going to be.

You can also follow Whole30Recipes on Facebook or Instagram for more ideas.

Roasting vegetables is a great way to keep variety going. Plus its helped me not get bored of the diet so far. One of my favorites is roasted sweet potatoes with broccoli. I mix onions and garlic(in pan separate then mixed in before putting everything in a casserole pan) in and top the potatoes with paprika. Option to add sugar free bacon for a real treat. 

Nice thing about roasting veggies is, for me at least, its a lot less prep time and you really get a chance to tastes some great flavors. Try varying the fats/oils you use also, this will greatly impact flavor. And of course, make great use of spices, less is more, but have fun with it. You can do it for sure!

SweetBroccoliBacon.jpg

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Shalooop said:

Check out instgram and search #whole30 or #paleo for ideas. Also YouTube. You can have sweet potatoes which kids usually love, mashed, baked or as oven fries. Also can cut up an apple or other fruit as a side. And white potatoes are allowed too. 

Thank you Shaloop i will definetly add sweet potatoes to my list and try out some recipes using them :D

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Shalooop said:

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 2:23 PM, ShannonM816 said:

You can cook the meat and vegetables any way you want to, as long as you don't add anything to them that would make them not compliant. Most of the packets of seasonings you can buy like taco seasoning are going to have things in them that you can't have on Whole30, but there are plenty of recipes for making your own.

Nom Nom Paleo has a lot of recipes, many of them are Whole30 compliant or can easily be altered to be. Every year she does a post around the beginning of the school year with lunchbox ideas for kids that are fun.

Whole Life Eating is all Whole30 compliant recipes, put together by one of the other moderators here.

Well Fed also has a lot of recipes that are mostly Whole30. I personally like her version of meal planning, which is more a weekly cookup to make sure there's plenty of food available throughout the week than a strict plan of what each meal is going to be.

You can also follow Whole30Recipes on Facebook or Instagram for more ideas.

Thank you so much for those links Shannon. :) I will check them out. That reallu helps alot

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 6:06 PM, erich333 said:

Roasting vegetables is a great way to keep variety going. Plus its helped me not get bored of the diet so far. One of my favorites is roasted sweet potatoes with broccoli. I mix onions and garlic(in pan separate then mixed in before putting everything in a casserole pan) in and top the potatoes with paprika. Option to add sugar free bacon for a real treat. 

Nice thing about roasting veggies is, for me at least, its a lot less prep time and you really get a chance to tastes some great flavors. Try varying the fats/oils you use also, this will greatly impact flavor. And of course, make great use of spices, less is more, but have fun with it. You can do it for sure!

SweetBroccoliBacon.jpg

Woww Erich that looks so yummy. Im difinetly going to try that, Im sure that it wont come out as good as yours lol it looks good and i didnt even think about roasting. I should do that to all my veggies. The onions and garlic are they sauted first or are you throwing them like that with the potatoes in oven. Thank you for this , really made me wanting to try tomorrow jeje

Sorry, I am totally new to cooking so I don't always use all the terms correctly. Yes, sauteed them in a pan at low to medium heat (we have a gas stove) for about 7  minutes. With about 1 minute left I toss the garlic in, gotta be careful not to burn it. Another note is that I save my bacon grease from cooking the bacon and sautee the onions. Side note, I have an amazing butcher down the street from me so I know the pork is well taken care of and sugar free. 

2 notes from trying it a second time, I used a deeper roasting pan the first time and they turned out better than a shallow roasting pan the second time, though still good. Also, it is really the onions that bring a lot of wonderful flavor to the dish, so next time I'll double the amount of onions I use and let you know. 

Good luck, let me know how it goes. 

PS: I also have a great tasting cream of mushroom soup that is super easy and a very tasty addition if your getting veggie overload. :)

Omg your amazing ... thank you so much. All your tips and advise. I definetly needed that. Im no expert chef but everyone has to start somewhere right :D Wish I had a butcher close by , that would be awesome. I dont think i ever had meat straight from a butcher, man i bet it taste a whole lot better and prob healthier that way too. I only had the bacon in the store but now since i will be starting this whole 30 next week,  i will be cutting bacon out , unless what I might could do is drive to the butcher out of town and get a bunch and come home throw it the freezer...

I dont even have a roasting pan, will get one tomorrow...

And will double on onions cuz i like alot as well and you need alot really to give flavor cuz after sauteeing they shrink ja. And yes I will let you know:)

And would love to hear of your Mushroom soup when done doing this.  Thank youuuu

Archived