To a New Year and a Healthier Me

Emma

Day 18 - Drinking coffee and still here.  Neck is sore from sleeping on the ground.  Face feels puffy from dinner last night - a lot of salt and it's all in this one darn type of sausage I bought and am using up.  However, I'm still on board and doing okay.  There were some rocky moments.  The other day I forgot to eat breakfast and had a very quick small lunch of eggs and greens and then no food till six thirty and, even though I made a good dinner, I also made some home made lara bar like things and ate way too many.  I wasn't hungry.  I was just.....I don't know.  But, nonetheless, I'm still here and doing okay.

9 hours ago, Emma said:

Day 18 - Drinking coffee and still here.  Neck is sore from sleeping on the ground.  Face feels puffy from dinner last night - a lot of salt and it's all in this one darn type of sausage I bought and am using up.  However, I'm still on board and doing okay.  There were some rocky moments.  The other day I forgot to eat breakfast and had a very quick small lunch of eggs and greens and then no food till six thirty and, even though I made a good dinner, I also made some home made lara bar like things and ate way too many.  I wasn't hungry.  I was just.....I don't know.  But, nonetheless, I'm still here and doing okay.

Are you sleeping on the floor because you have company? 

Laughing - my posts the last few days are a bit bleak sounding.  Life isn't so bleak.  The floor is not as nice as my new bed, but I didn't mind the floor before I got the bed and I can deal with it again.  The pregnant visiting friend and friend gets the bed.  My kids have beds, but sometimes they just want to sleep with me and if that's on the floor, well then they do too - it's like camping.  Kids, dogs - what could be better. ;)

Day 19 - I'm drinking coffee.  I'm still here.  I desperately need to go shopping.  It's hard having friends here and going out to eat and pulling things off, but it's going okay.  I ate a lot of sashimi last night.  Today, I'm aiming for a better breakfast so the rest of the day falls into place without so much will power.

Last night I finally got the table cleared off and the filing system almost completed.  We had moved and have old files and new files and old bills and new bills and projects and papers and kids' schoolwork - you know all that stuff - and it has been in the process of getting organized for a while.  (by process I mean just sitting around in big piles).  There's still some more to do - tricky with only two drawers of files when we used to have four, but it's looking better and that will be good.  I discovered a leak in our room as I was prepping to paint in a closet.  The projects are never ending and yet they would end if I could just stick with one thing and get it done.  I'm pretty certain Whole30 is helping me plug away a bit more instead of getting lost in the overwhelm.

How's your week going?  For a couple years, my son slept on floor - even got to the point where he asked us to take his bed out of the room (we did).  Parents of his friends and school mates had issues - I had people I had not met coming up to me at school functions asking whether it was true he 'didn't HAVE a bed?!' 

Archived