Day 6 and still feel fine?

Annabee03

WI started W30 because I'm a snack binge eater...not overweight but the weight was slowly creeping up. I started to become unhappy with the way I look and more importantly, the way I felt. I was going to start Jan 2nd but made a decision to start Dec 26th. I knew if I waited,  I'd probably eat like the world was coming to an end until my start date. 

Anyway,  here I am. Day 6. I haven't craved anything. Not even on days 1 or 2. I've had some bloating  but other than that, nothing serious.  I'm finding myself to be kind of lucky when I read most of these posts. The toughest part of whole30 for me is  meal 1. I've forced myself not to call it breakfast because I can't get eggs down at 6am. I've been eating chicken, veggies and olives. That seems to be way better than eggs for me but still a big adjustment.  I'm hoping I continue with this "luck" I've been experiencing throughout my W30.

Anyone else? 

I started on 12/27. I have not had much of a struggle with cravings other than wanting a soda when I checkout of the grocery store, which was a habit of mine. I wasn't grumpy on days 4 or 5, but I am a little tired today. That might be cause it's indicative of day 6 or it might be because I was up until 1 am last night? I am pleased with how it's going. I do struggle with meal 1, though. I am not hungry in the morning at all. I feel like I have to force feed myself. I have had a variety of proteins for meal 1 as well. Two days of the six so far I clearly did not eat enough because I was hungry in 2-3 hours. I am hoping that my body will adjust. Since I was about 14 I have not eaten breakfast at all (i'm 44 now). Maybe two years ago I started eating yogurt and then recently moved to lara bars after maybe an hour and a half after getting up. So, eating breakfast is a struggle. Have you always eaten something and just can't take eggs in the morning or were you like me and didn't really eat in the morning at all? 

On 31/12/2016 at 0:59 PM, Annabee03 said:

I've forced myself not to call it breakfast because I can't get eggs down at 6am.

Not thinking of it as breakfast definitely helps. And not being hungry for breakfast is indicative of a hormonal imbalance so it's definitely worth making the effort to eat something as NOT eating will only perpetuate the problem.

Have you tried blended soups? They can be pretty comforting first thing...

Not everyone follows the timeline by the way so don't feel like you're doing something wrong ;)

Just keep on truckin'!!

19 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Not thinking of it as breakfast definitely helps. And not being hungry for breakfast is indicative of a hormonal imbalance so it's definitely worth making the effort to eat something as NOT eating will only perpetuate the problem.

Have you tried blended soups? They can be pretty comforting first thing...

Not everyone follows the timeline by the way so don't feel like you're doing something wrong ;)

Just keep on truckin'!!

@jmcbn Thank you for this! I do not mean to hijack this thread but since I am having the exact same issues with breakfast I was wondering if you know from your experience or from reading these boards how long it can take hormones to work it out so meal 1 isn't so difficult? I will try soup tomorrow morning.

Hi @perceivingperdita - you should start to see progress around 10 day or thereabouts. People are surprised how quickly they see results in this area, but honestly you'll soon start to waken with an appetite. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day as it kick starts the metabolism and gets your cortisol in check...

2 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Hi @perceivingperdita - you should start to see progress around 10 day or thereabouts. People are surprised how quickly they see results in this area, but honestly you'll soon start to waken with an appetite. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day as it kick starts the metabolism and gets your cortisol in check...

Thank you so much! 

I spoke too soon! I was hit HARD with fatigue yesterday. Went to bed at 8:30pm on NYE! I was so tired i felt like if i binked, i would just knock out. That's a 1st for me. I must say, I feel great today (day 7)! Woke up, had chicken, potatoes, some other veggies and olives for M1. @perceivingperdita, before W30, I wouldn't have breakfast until around 10:30ish. I would wake up at 6am and just have my coffee with cream and splenda. That would hold me over til I was ready to eat breakfast. Breakfast usually consisted of cold cereal or a bagel. 

I'm actually prepping now for the week ahead. Got a huge pot of beef stew simmering and a bunch of chicken in the over. 

NSVs...I can see my waist cinched a bit and I wore a pair of jeans today that were unbearably uncomfortable just last week! I'm excited to see what week 2 brings!  

Archived