The Last Hurrah!

JoyfullyCheryl

I've been talking about the Whole30 since a doctor's appointment in October. I knew it wouldn't be wise to do it during the holidays, so I planned and recruited, AND ATE my way through Thanksgiving to Christmas. I ate bread and cookies and pumpkin pie. And cookies. And pizza. Did I mention cookies?

Then I read a post about not going crazy before the challenge. It's not that I didn't already know that. I don't usually eat much sugar and I guess I wanted to get some in before I stopped. 

On New Year's Eve, the Hubster and I went out for sushi. We don't do that very often, but got gift cards for Christmas and I knew I wouldn't be able to do that in January. I ate a LOT of sushi. When we woke up Sunday morning, I had a pounding headache and severe congestion. I only had one glass of wine, so it wasn't that. I think I may have a problem with soy! I'm really anxious to find out if that's the case at the end of the challenge.

So, now I'm on day 2 and wondering when the bread/chips/cookie craving is going to set in.:wacko:

Anyone else prepare for W30 with a "last hurrah?" 

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh - I had a six month hurrah!  It didn't start off so bad, but got worse and worse and the more and more I knew I needed to get my act together, the more I hurrahed.  December was a bad month with lots of cookie baking and lots of cookie eating.  I had an ugly headache on my first day (this past Monday) and I'm pretty sure it was my system rebelling.  However, I was eating so poorly that I think my body is thrilled to switch over to the good stuff so I haven't been feeling too terribly.  How are things going for you?

Six months, Emma!  Mine felt like the last meal before an execution.....eat all the stuff I never eat and eat LOTS of it!

It's going great so far!  I started my first W30 in May of last year (right after the hurrah! meal) and have never felt better!  This round, I've off-roaded a bit, ridden my own bike and am tightening up again.  Still calling it Round 2 because I never strayed very far. 

Keep rockin' it!  :)

Archived