ZEAL WELLNESS

Jraney

I have taken zeal wellness for 4 years. I realize it does have a minute amount of stevia, and rice bran. However the anti inflammatory properties far out wiegh the other I feel. Is there harm if this is the only thing I take outside the guidelines. 

Sorry, but you'd not be doing a whole30. You'd be doing a whole + rice & stevia. And whilst stevia might not be considered inflammatory rice certainly can be - and often it's not until you remove the offending food & reintroduce it that you realise it's been doing you more harm than good.

I'm not familiar with the product but a quick google tells me this is a nutritional drink, providing nutrients, antioxidants & vitamins. One of the main purposes of Whole30 is to teach you to eat a wide variety of whole foods which will contain ALL of these things in abundance.

Would it do any harm to NOT drink it for 30 days and see how your body fares on real food?

It also has fructose. How about giving the anti-inflammatory potential of Whole30 eating a chance? 

Personally, I wouldn't take ginseng or other herbs during a Whole30, as the point for me was to find out how my diet contributes to inflammation and other issues (and might resolve them). And you can find compliant vitamins and minerals. 

Of course, you can take doctor prescribed medications.  

Archived