No Halloween Candy for Me! My October/November Whole 30

Brandon Antoinette

Hello All!

After crashing into a spectacular conflagration on trying this the first time back in August (n.b.- Never attempt a major life change during an apartment relocation,) I am back with a vengeance and extremely committed to completing The Whole 30.

I decided to do two things this go around that I left out last time in my post-"It Starts With Food"-reading apostolic furor. First, I decided that I was going to actually make use of the forum this time so that there will be some measure of accountability in the whole process to possibly keep me on track more efficiently. Second, I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to the Whole30 Daily. (Besides my Whole Foods bill, that fourteen dollars didn't look so bad after all.)

I have to say I am initially pleased with the decision to subscribe. My Day 0 newsletter has given me some really great ideas so far. If at least half of the thirty newsletters contain information of equal usefulness, I would unreservedly recommend it to anyone. I'll take a look back at how useful it has been when I finish up this process.

Meanwhile, last night I did the requisite pantry/fridge clean out as my boyfriend looked on in horror. I think he was afraid that I might have gone crazy and decided to trash all of his breakfast cereal. I just put all of his stuff in a cabinet on the other side of the kitchen from mine and hid his refrigerated food in the bottom storage drawer where I can pretend those two compartments don't exist.

Tomorrow I am going to sit down and work out three solid goals I want to accomplish during the coming month and I'm also going to take the dreaded Before Photos. My start date is this Sunday, October 21st. If anyone else is planning on starting then or around then, I'd love to hear from you. Having some internet buddies to check in with from time to time during this process certainly couldn't hurt. Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Hi, the best thing I ever did was subscribe to the Whole 30 emails. They were fantastic, absolutely loads of really good information and very motivating. I looked forward every day to getting them and really missed them once I'd finished. :( I still keep rereading the ones I've got :)

Hey,

I'm starting my challenge on the 22, so I'll be a day behind you, but I am definitely looking for people to buddy up with! My husband is like 50% okay with all of this, so I totally get the "ridiculous stares from the other half" dilemma. :)

Whole 30 emails were the best for me! I started 3 times before until I broke down and admitted that I needed help to get this off the ground. I have friends and family that are huge food pushers but they also don't like it when I decide to do something new... it rocks their world. I love the hidden lower drawers! Great idea... Halloween will not be hard if you start on the 22nd! Your sugar demons should be pretty tame by then... check out the timeline http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/ it helped me understand what is next and be better prepared for it...

Good luck and remember that it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself! Hopefully the forum will be posting tons of what we can eat for Halloween treats!

Best dinner for me so far was Well Fed's Citrus Carnitas! Try those and then try to tell yourself that you are suffering :) Not!

The daily emails were a great help to me. I giggled at the description of your boyfriend looking on in horror. My daughter did the same thing when I packed up all the no-go foods back in Sept. They are still packed up in plastic totes and sitting in the corner of the kitchen. She digs in them for what she wants. I'm not putting that stuff back in my pantry. I have her put her cold foods in the second fridge in the garage too. She is use to the separation of food now. Best of luck on your w30! Coming here for support is key. I think you'll do well now that you are taking advantage of the helps that are out there (daily emails, the book and the message board).

Many Thanks:

...To everyone for responding to my posts! Its great to hear other people's experiences.

One of the things I'm planning on doing in order to help keep me on track is posting various updates in the Forum's "Whole 30 Log" section. By being completely honest about how the process is going in the presence of a potential audience I think I'll be better able to hold myself accountable. Check out the posts there sometime if you want. I'd love to continue hearing input from you guys over there.

--Cheers

Archived