Husband is asking about healthy side effects

K-dub63

Hello,

My husband is debating whether or not to join me in my Whole30, which I am starting tomorrow. 

My husband is 64, and has a number of weight related issues.  Aches and pains, GERD, fatigue, HBP. His biggest issue when it comes to losing weight is he gets terrible headaches and feels sick if he goes more than 2.5 hours between meals. (This here makes me think he is heading toward diabetes.)
According to what I have read, he will likely feel worse before he feels better.  I know he has a huge sugar addiction. He is willing to suffer through sugar withdrawal and black coffee on one condition:  

He wants to know if he can expect to see improvement with sexual function. 
I searched the blogs and could not find any comments on the topic. Can some of you who have completed the journey shed some light?

Thanks!

Swapping out junk carbs for healthy fats, meats, and veggies can definitely help in the sex department. Fat helps with testosterone -- https://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/ and here's kind of a broad overview of related topics: http://lowcarbediem.com/low-carbohydrates-and-sex-drive-diet/

Also if he ends up losing weight along the way, that can be a contributing bonus in it's own right.

• Administrators

Not sure about the actual sexual plumbing/function but many, MANY women (myself included) report and increase in sexual desire/libido. Check in the Ladies Only section there's a thread about libido. (@Kirkor- you stay outta there!). LOL!

Additionally, Whole30 reduces systemic inflammation so that can only help with any functional issues, I would think?

Thank you both. I would think so too.  He is eating what I cook now, and on the morning of day 4 (today) has begun to complain about so many sweet potatoes.  I might have to kick him in the shins, but he has some kind of intestinal thing happening, and kicking a man while he Is literally down seems unkind. I know it is not Whole30 intestinal because he is still putting stevia in his coffee, and I dont think he ate the lunches I packed for him Monday and Tuesday. 

Archived