Trip immediately after Whole 30

Vanessa7

I'm leaving on a trip on the last day of my Whole 30 and I see it difficult being able to properly reintroduce foods. We'll be on the road for 2 days which I can pack meals for, but then I'll be backpacking in the Grand Canyon for 3 days (freeze-dried meals), then celebrating my husband's birthday in Sedona for two days, and then visiting family/being on the road for 4 days. I'm not sure how I'll be able to figure out how I react to different foods when I will have less control over what I'm eating and I know I'll want to splurge after our hiking trip. Should I just worry about reintroducing foods when I get home, a week and a half after my Whole 30 is over? 

Reintroducing foods during a backpacking trip might be ....uncomfortable if you have some unexpected reaction.  If you can (say, make your own backpacking meals), try to stay close to paleo if not strict Whole30 during the backpacking portion.    If you're going to do a more controlled "reintro" at home after the random reintro, I'd say eat Whole30 for at least 7 days beforehand.

Thank you! I think for the most part we'll be able to stay on track during our backpacking trip. I was able to find some good Paleo freeze-dried meals (so glad I checked! I thought we'd be stuck with the ones from REI). February is such a full month with my husband's birthday, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras--I worry about reintroduction, but hopefully some of these Whole30 habits can stick. 

Archived