Baker Needs to Taste

kayemehh

Hi everybody. My husband and I are committing to the Whole30 this week for various health reasons. I'm nervous however that my profession is going to make my Whole30 invalid. I own and run a small pie company by myself. Each week I create one sweet and one savory pie. They are sometimes recipes I make up, and I don't repeat often so I need to taste my food. I am trying to create pies in the next few weeks that only use on plan foods (minus the crust) but I can only do this for the sweet pies. As previous posts have suggested, I plan to taste and spit it out, rinsing my mouth before swallowing. However, I am worried that this is going to basically invalidate my Whole30 because I am still tasting sweet and off-plan foods, as well as my concern that some of these foods will pass through my spit and swallow maneuver.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

• Moderators

We've had other people do whole30 who have had to do that, bakers and chefs and even someone who had to taste cocktails. I don't know that anyone can really say how much this will affect your results, but I do think if this is a change from how you normally eat, you'll still see some results and it's worth trying. 

Archived