Vinegar with sulfite

RacheleK

Hey, I know this topic has threads already and I've read them, but I live in Italy and we have different brands here. I haven't been able to find any vinegar (balsamic or red wine) that don't say "contains sulfites." According to you guys do you think that means they are the naturally occurring ones or would you think that means they are added.  I have found no brands with labels like "no added sulfites" etc. The ingredient lists always just say wine vinegar (contains sulfites) and one also says must of concentrated grapes ( contains sulfites). What do you guys think? 

• Moderators

In the US, that wording would mean that the sulfites were naturally occurring, not added. I assume it's the same in Italy, but I'm not sure. I don't know how it is there, but here in the US, there are websites for the government agency governing these things that explain the rules for labeling, it might be the same there?

1 hour ago, ShannonM816 said:

In the US, that wording would mean that the sulfites were naturally occurring, not added. I assume it's the same in Italy, but I'm not sure. I don't know how it is there, but here in the US, there are websites for the government agency governing these things that explain the rules for labeling, it might be the same there?

Ok thanks! I will try to find out about their laws. 

Archived