Reintro question

Annabee03

So, I start reinto next week and I'm a bit confused. For example,  on day 31, I will have peanut butter but peanut butter has sugar in it. Same for dairy intro with yogurt, etc. Is it OK that these things have sugar in them? Am I supposed to find food items without sugar? I feel so lost with this reintro  business. HELP!!

6 minutes ago, Annabee03 said:

So, I start reinto next week and I'm a bit confused. For example,  on day 31, I will have peanut butter but peanut butter has sugar in it. Same for dairy intro with yogurt, etc. Is it OK that these things have sugar in them? Am I supposed to find food items without sugar? I feel so lost with this reintro  business. HELP!!

It's up to you how you approach sugar in your reintro. Many people ignore the small amount of sugar in catsup or salad dressing, etc. 

i chose to limit my sugar for as long as possible so as not to color my other results. 

That said, yes, look for peanut butter without sugar. Get a natural brand that's just peanuts and oil. Peanut butter should never have sugar, IMHO. :)

Similarly, eat a yogurt without sugar. You're testing dairy, not sugar and many yogurts are sugar bombs. 

And remember to go back to Whole30 eating for two days (at least) after each reintroduced food and don't repeat that reintroduced food group until all of your reintroductions are done. 

Think of this as an experiment of one where you are methodically testing each group of foods to find out how they affect you. You need a clean slate for each test. 

17 minutes ago, Annabee03 said:

Thanks @ArtFossil! I feel like reintro requires more planning than W30! I'm really nervous about it for some reason. I just don't want to mess it up. 

It does take planning, and a lot of mindfulness. :)  Probably why a lot of folks skip it, and then come back months later wondering why they couldn't sustain the benefits they saw doing Whole30. They may do lots OD Whole30s but never really seal the deal by doing reintros. :(

I think it's at least as important as the Whole30 part, and indispensable if you want to "ride your own bike"have  any kind of food freedom. And the structure of the re-intro gives you a nice gradual transition into non-Whole30 eating. 

Archived