Accidental slip-up

So I was eating dinner at my school dining hall and before eating, checked the "allergy information" sheet to see what dishes I could eat. Based on the sheet, mashed potatoes, green beans, and roasted cauliflower were the only things that didn't have dairy, soy, etc. I made sure to ask if they had grains or added sugar -- "no". So then I loaded my plate with kale, spinach, salad greens, beets, couple boiled eggs, and the above (because I was post-workout). After finishing my plate, I went back to the cafeteria and just poked at the mashed potatoes for a bit, when one of the sous chefs says to me "I thought you couldn't eat dairy!". My heart dropped. The allergen info clearly stated that it contained no dairy but then he told me that it was "loaded with butter". This is on my fourth day after restarting due to over-eating fat and fruit. I also started my period today. I feel so terrible about what I did. :( I just need some motivational words to help me restart again.

I am on day 4 and I went to parents house tonight for dinner.  I brought my own food because I didnt want to risk messing up.  I sat with my parents as they ate their dinner - chicken with onions.  My mom told me how she prepared the dish - and said she only used olive oil, lemon, oregano, salt, and pepper. I checked so many times and asked if there anything else, any butter, or any other ingredients and she replied no.  I ate two bites of her dinner to try it because I thought it was whole30 compliant.  She later told me used PAM cooking spray for the pan to ensure nothing stuck.  PAM has soy bean and is not whole30 compliant.  i am so upset.  Should I start over ?  I was doing so well on day's 1-3.  please advise 

• Moderators

You both did the best you could and asked all the right questions...that's really too bad it happened.

Read the article titled 'Do I have to start over' linked in my signature below and see what you can determine.

Personally I would start over... some people just keep going and add those extra four days to the end so that they've still got the full 30 days but sometimes it's easier to go for 'four more days' rather than to 'start from the beginning'...

I have a similar story. I was obsessed with consuming protein after workout, but I couldn't get home as planned. I ate a single fried egg from dunkin donuts. What an idiotic move. They have soy oil in them! I was on Day 13. :angry:According to my research, I have to reset which really pisses me off because I have some events planned for after day 30 where I'd like to drink clear alcohol. I'm considering reintroducing alcohol after the original 30th day while keeping the rest of the diet the same for an additional 13 days? Won't this still allow me to feel how my system reacts to alcohol and then eventually soy when that time comes?

Archived