The Lurker...

luvbnhealthy

Well, I have the book and I've been lurking on this site for about 3 weeks without committing to the actual program. I have slowly been making changes to my diet though I eat fairly clean - just needed to cut grains, dairy, and sugar from my diet...lol. I've been making slow inroads to all three, but have now decided to make the plunge. After starting some of the changes in the book over the last 3 weeks, I went out today, eating at Genghis Grill (brown rice), Starbucks (non fat milk), and DQ (small pumpkin blizzard). Now I am miserable. My stomach hurts, and I am not sure which food caused it. So...it is time. The hardest thing to give up will be sugar. Not because I eat a lot of it, but when I want it I eat it. I will have to get out of mindset. But the book is awesome!

It took me 6 months to start after hearing about W30. You're way ahead of me! The book is fantastic. I figured I could do anything for a month. Best decision I ever made. The quality of sleep is worth every 'sacrifice' I made. I always considered myself a lover of veggies, but have been pleasantly surprised to discover a ton of new ones. I make so many commitments to those around me (hubbie, kids, friends, family) that I decided it was time to make one to myself. I discovered all kinds of things about myself. I knew I was stubborn. That helped me through the harder days. Pick a date and start. When all is said and done, you will be a healthier person. Good luck and keep reading the forum. So much encouragement and good info.

Thanks! I know it is the thing to do. Food is just everywhere. But I feel so much better when I eat clean. I transitioned to coconut milk in my coffee this week. Not bad. Today was the first grains I've had in two weeks. Luckily I love veggies and I'm not a big fruit or dairy lover. Greek yogurt and half & half in my coffee were about it for dairy, occasionally cheese. Dark chocolate is my go to sweet unless I'm hormonal them it can be other things. But for the first time, sweets are not as satisfying add they once were. Went to a wedding yesterday and had a piece of wedding cake. Normally, I would have gone for two pieces, but the one was almost too much for me. Come to think about it, I got a stomach ache yesterday, too. Yes, this site is awesome, too!

Well, I did just fabulously all day Monday and most of Tuesday - untill last night. It was my husband's birthday so he got to choose the place to eat. We wound up at a favorite Italian restaurant. I ordered the item with the most veggies in it - chicken primavera with marinara sauce. It came with a salad. I asked for oil and vinegar. Passed up the bread. The dish came with pasta mixed in. I ate all the chicken, veggies, and a couple of forksful of the pasta. Then, when I was packing up the remainder of the pasta and putting in the bread, I ate a roll. :( Then, my husband received a complimentary piece of strawberry cheesecake of which I had 3 bites. So...not terrible, but obviously not compliant. I have decided to start my new Whole30 on Sunday, Oct. 28 after my son's birthday. I will continue to make inroads on becoming Whole30 compliant. Someone gave me a piece of nut covered toffee today, and I threw it away. That's a big step for me! ;)

Archived