Can we talk poop?

yogajen

And other digestive issues?

This is day 12 and I have yet to have a normal bowel movement. I had ascual diarrhea for a few days after a bout of constipation, and ever since I have small, smooshy movements a few times a day. Sometimes I feel like I really have to go, but nothing comes out. 

I never feel empty. I have very bad gas that gets trapped and becomes painful. 

I also have a diagnosis of functional dyspepsia which bsically means that I have bouts of severe stomach pain with no real cause. (Had all the tests possible)

I am eating protein, veggies and fat at every meal with occasional starchy veggies and ocassional fruit. I have a handful of nuts a couple of tomes per week. Some veggies cooked and some raw in a salad.

I really hope to start feeling better soon. I am getting to the point where I don't want to eat because I get a little more uncomfortable with every meal.

can anyone relate? Any tips?

oh, and I drink a lot of water.

I am looking forward to hearing the moderators weigh in on this. I am also following the meal template, drinking plenty of water, drinking kombucha, taking magnesium and prunes.....but none of this is really helping. My doc says the is IBS and I want to treat it naturally, but it gets really uncomfortable feeling weighed down all the time when you are eliminating regularly ☹️ 

Can you both give us a run down on a few days worth of your food & liquid intake, along with activity levels & details of any meds/supplements you are taking? Please give specific info on veg types (don't say 'a ton of veg' or 'roasted veg') as many people have tolerance issues with a number of different veg types/nuts/fruit etc.

Usually for breakfast I have a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms or spinach, coffee with a bit of coconut milk, sometimes a half avocado, sometimes a slice of compliant bacon.

For lunch, I have a green salad with cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes and tuna mixed with Whole30 mayo. 

For dinner, I have usually had either a piece of chicken or fish with a potato or sweet potato topped with ghee, and some veggies, like asparagus or broccoli, sometimes roasted cauliflower. I often have spaghetti squash with Whole30 Italian meat sauce. 

I drink 8-12 ounces of water with each meal, several cups of water between meals and a cup of herbal tea sometime before bed, so about 70-90 ounces of water depending on the day.

Occasionally, once in a day, I'll eat a handful of cashews or almonds with a piece of fruit if I get hungry. 

Today is day 15. For the last two days, I had no gas at all, but my functional dyspepsia was very painful. This morning I woke up with a lot of gas and had a significant amount of diarrhea.

• 6 months later...

I'm having little pebbly poops, frequently, each day. I've never been super regular, but I assumed that doing the Whole30 would help in this area. I am drinking lots of water.  I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough fat.

Archived