Day 27/28 29?? Constipation

RandiW

Changes in digestion and BMs have been one of the BEST NSVs I've had doing Whole 30. I have an autoimmune disease and have dealt with chronic constipation my whole life. But since doing W30, I've been going every day and many days twice a day! This has NEVER happened in my entire existence. But then, I started to feel a little backed up in the evening on day 26. I shrugged, figured it would sort itself out in the morning on day 27 like usual. Except, no dice. No BM all day. And SAME YESTERDAY (This was typical of me, before - 2-3 days between BM). Yesterday (day 28) I drank some compliant kombucha and took a probiotic. I walked 4.5 miles. I drank a lot of fluids. But no BM. It's early in my day, so it might work itself out today, but I haven't had that feeling of needing to go just yet. Wtf?

Thinking over my meals, I have been lighter than usual yesterday on veggies (still appropriate levels of protein/fat), but day 27 was packed full of veg. I'll post out my meals if you guys want, but anyone else suffered a change in digestive status late in the game?

I thought perhaps it was because I started antibiotics on day 26 (realized after I posted) but it's been crazy. Had a small BM this am, but still uncomfortable. Ate some soaked chia this morning and a probiotic and kombucha and nothing really happening. Blargh.

I've had this problem since Day 8. :( On Day 1 of Reintroduction today. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but I'm only going every 3-4 days and before Whole30 it used to be every day! I started my first batch of home-made sauerkraut 2 days ago so soon I'll be able to eat it. I'm hoping adding some probiotics to my diet will help. 

Archived