To Sugar or not to sugar?

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has decided, during reintro, not to reintro added sugar? 

I gave w30 a shot in January, made it to day 19. Added sugar is my Food with no brakes, and I feel helpless around junkfood/sweetened foods/etc.; I've struggled with binge eating in the past too. I'm planning on doing a round 2, but want to plan ahead.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences & if they decided to continue to leave sugar out of their diet?? What are your experiences? Is it challenging?? 

Even if you dont have this experience, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

4 minutes ago, StrivingToBeSteadfast said:

I gave w30 a shot in January, made it to day 19. Added sugar is my Food with no brakes, and I feel helpless around junkfood/sweetened foods/etc.; I've struggled with binge eating in the past too. I'm planning on doing a round 2, but want to plan ahead.

My understanding is that during reintroduction, you can loosen the reins a bit (i.e. if your favorite hot sauce has added sugar in it, don't sweat the small stuff), but that you need to monitor your body's response. The fact that you know sugar is a slippery slope for you is a sign and you would be wise to be careful.

Milk chocolate and wine are my kryptonite. I've actually been on reintroduction for 6 days already (today is day 6) and it is going slower than anticipated because of reintroducing them. Haven't even gotten to dairy or either of the grains yet, and actually I'm going to take another crack at legumes here after 2 more days of Whole30 eating to clear out the Super Bowl wine.

On 2/6/2017 at 7:51 AM, StrivingToBeSteadfast said:

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has decided, during reintro, not to reintro added sugar? 

I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences & if they decided to continue to leave sugar out of their diet?? What are your experiences? Is it challenging?? 

Even if you dont have this experience, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I also didnt make it the whole 30 days. But on day 15 I became curious and ate a cupcake.  Holy cow did I ever have the worst gas pain. Obviously that much sugar had a big impact on me and now I know not to do that again. Granted I know that was a butt load of sugar to intake, but I really wanted to know what it would do. So now, I keep the sugar out as much as possible. Hope that helps!! :)

Archived