making mayo

KathyV

23 hours ago, jmcbn said:

You mean just not using the white? Yes, I've done it many times - it's give a nice rich consistency.

yes i just want to use the yolks.   I will give it a try and hope for the best!  Glad to hear that its the yolk and not the whites that are needed for the emulsification.

thanks for everyones help

Well, I made it yesterday.    I used my stick blender, 2 yolks, salt, dry mustard, curcumin, 4oz avocado oil,4oz olive oil, 2 TBS ACV.  It started out that I slowly added the oil and things seem to look good as I kept added the oil.  I put about half of the oil in and it became thick and my blender was getting warm; so I added the oil more quickly and the emulsification broke.  I now have some solid chunks in with liquid :(   I use it for dressing and it has a very rich flavor.  All-in-all not bad.

Next time I will stop when it get to the thick portion and use it  to melt it over my veggies.

Kathy, if you are using your stick blender, then you should put all your oil in at once.  A slow drizzle is for the blender of beater method.  Dump eggs in first, oil last, everything else in between.  Put your stick blender in your container all the way, turn it on, and slowly pull it out.  It will emulsify as you pull it from the container.  It works for me every time - except once when I forgot to put the lemon juice in!

Have you watched Kenji Alt-Lopez's video?  I was a magic moment for me! :D

On 2/12/2017 at 0:38 PM, Codysmom said:

Kathy, if you are using your stick blender, then you should put all your oil in at once.  A slow drizzle is for the blender of beater method.  Dump eggs in first, oil last, everything else in between.  Put your stick blender in your container all the way, turn it on, and slowly pull it out.  It will emulsify as you pull it from the container.  It works for me every time - except once when I forgot to put the lemon juice in!

Have you watched Kenji Alt-Lopez's video?  I was a magic moment for me! :D

IT WORKED!  I just used 2 egg yolks  salt, dry mustard and ACV.  It took just under a cup of oil to get it perfect!   I had my magic moment too!

Archived