February 15th--Let's Do This

eatspinraverepeat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely need to figure out how to eat more. I was used to not eating meals until supper. I had a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast and forgot lunch. Ugh. So thinking an early supper and try to add some veggies and protein in 4 hours. Can't get enough water either

3 hours ago, eatspinraverepeat said:

Batch breakfast: Practical Paleo Swirly Crustless Quiche (http://www.whisktogether.com/2015/03/20/paleo-swirly-crustless-quiche/), just make sure you use coconut oil or ghee to grease the pan!

If you have time to fry eggs in the morning, I have been enjoying 2 fried eggs (in coconut oil) with 1/2 avocado and re-warmed roasted sweet potatoes. I kinda mash it all together....but it is delicious!

I am having a headache too! But I think mine is hormonal, as it was happening prior to Day 1. I have noticed that I am tempted to reach for food as a result of my headache, so I'm glad to already be becoming aware of my triggers.

As far as bacon goes, you can order it online, but I'm not sure shipping will make it worth it (http://grasslandbeef.com/sugar-free-pork-bacon-slices?affId=108183). 

That quiche looks awesome, thank you! Because yes, frying an egg takes too much time (I know, I'm lazy). 

I'm thinking my headache was just fatigue, which is common for me anyway. Thankfully it went away after my second cup of coffee. 

Hearing everyone's updates is keeping me motivated. Still going strong on day two but I am starting to have that headache too.  I had another egg cup this morning with half of a sweet potato because I was working out right after breakfast.  I was worried about my workout but the sweet potato seemed to do the trick. I made a big batch of Waldorf salad, so that's what I had today over kale and tonight I am going to grill some tuna and roast some veggies.

I had a small victory today, as I was icing the kids' cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I did not lick the icing off my finger. Normally, I would do that absentmindedly. Whole30 is making me mindful of my food actions. 

I hope everyone had a great day and those of you who have headaches, I hope they go away soon. 

I'm feeling pretty good - I was STARVING last night when we got to dinner, but I think I didn't eat enough fat/protein during the day, and I definitely didn't drink enough water. Tiny headache today but that may just be stress. 

I'm struggling with not eating just fruit for breakfast, since a sweet breakfast has been my go to. I love hardboiled eggs, and this morning I did a bowl with banana, strawberries, almonds, and almond butter (see, all sweet!), but I work in a tiny office and eat at my desk for breakfast and lunch, so I don't want anything too messy or complicated or smelly, Any suggestions?  

Just now, Kmactx said:

Hearing everyone's updates is keeping me motivated. Still going strong on day two but I am starting to have that headache too.  I had another egg cup this morning with half of a sweet potato because I was working out right after breakfast.  I was worried about my workout but the sweet potato seemed to do the trick. I made a big batch of Waldorf salad, so that's what I had today over kale and tonight I am going to grill some tuna and roast some veggies.

I had a small victory today, as I was icing the kids' cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I did not lick the icing off my finger. Normally, I would do that absentmindedly. Whole30 is making me mindful of my food actions. 

I hope everyone had a great day and those of you who have headaches, I hope they go away soon. 

I had to go get lunch for a coworker today while I was out, and usually I would have ordered something for myself just because I was there, even though I have food in the fridge. Definitely agree with the being more mindful aspect! 

I think my headache is stress - either way, staying really hydrated is helping!

2 hours ago, NeDiva said:

I was rocking the headache last night into this morning.  But I'm sure mine is due to the lack of caffeine yesterday--cutting out soda is so needed for me!  Unsweetened black tea for the win--had the caffeine I need (hopefully I'm past the sugar/caffeine withdrawal soon).

Getting up with my 3 month old every night isn't helping things.  Twice last night!

Big kuddos for doing this with a baby!!  Hope the headache goes away soon. I haven't hit the headaches yet......getting tired though...and don't have the excuse of a 3 month old:)

11 minutes ago, History&Pearls said:

I'm feeling pretty good - I was STARVING last night when we got to dinner, but I think I didn't eat enough fat/protein during the day, and I definitely didn't drink enough water. Tiny headache today but that may just be stress. 

I'm struggling with not eating just fruit for breakfast, since a sweet breakfast has been my go to. I love hardboiled eggs, and this morning I did a bowl with banana, strawberries, almonds, and almond butter (see, all sweet!), but I work in a tiny office and eat at my desk for breakfast and lunch, so I don't want anything too messy or complicated or smelly, Any suggestions?  

I was starving last night too! Then, when my husband got home, I quickly turned on the outdoor gas grill.  When he got to the grill, it was out of gas:angry:  Was def hangry!! 

How about a fritata for breakfast.  There's a recipe in the book or plenty online.  Those reheat nicely.  

7 hours ago, susiebee said:

I agree about finding the correct size to keep full. I guess that is part of the learning process. This morning I made what seemed a huge breakfast--I used the diner recipe out of the Whole 30 book (the second book) which was sausage, sweet potato hash and eggs. Yum! But most mornings I don't have time for that so I usually keep some sort of egg-y casserole at the ready for quick warmups and have a piece of fruit with it. I like to dollop almost anything I eat with a little homemade mayo. Even though I have been doing mostly paleo for a long time, the low-fat craze really did a number on us as far as our thinking goes. One of my goals for this reset is to limit my use of nuts for snacking. I think finding a better balance of staying full will help. I can really derail with nuts or nut butter and find it is just a substitution for my sugar cravings. Experimenting with pour over coffee since I have ditched the cream and want to make really good coffee. Hope everyone is on track for Day 2!

I had a huge breakfast also....2 eggs scrambled, 2 huge handfuls of spinach and cooked until wilted down.  just a few minutes and then added leftover sweet pot fries from dinner.  It was really delicious.  I too have a prob with grabbing nuts and nut butter.  I got rid of the PB, but that almond butter is pretty darn tasty:/  

23 minutes ago, History&Pearls said:

I had to go get lunch for a coworker today while I was out, and usually I would have ordered something for myself just because I was there, even though I have food in the fridge. Definitely agree with the being more mindful aspect! 

I think my headache is stress - either way, staying really hydrated is helping!

I work from home and realize how often I reach for the cabinet/frig or freezer just to pull out a couple pieces of this or that....usually chocolate!  Challenging & mindful of a habit that I need to break.

9 hours ago, MargretB said:

Oh, and I'm super jealous of all of you with access to TJ's, Whole Foods, and Costco. I'm been to all 3 grocery stores in my tiny town (on an island in Alaska) and there is no compliant bacon to be found :( 

I live in NYC and still couldn't find compliant bacon, so I ordered mine from nakedbaconco.com 

Very delicious W30 compliant bacon BUT it ships from St. Louis and for some reason always took 2 weeks to get to me. So if you're going to order order 4 packs at a time, because you go through it fast.

6 hours ago, rgill said:

I work from home and realize how often I reach for the cabinet/frig or freezer just to pull out a couple pieces of this or that....usually chocolate!  Challenging & mindful of a habit that I need to break.

I used to work from home and had the same bad habit. I still do it at the office sometimes...when I don't like the task I'm on...suddenly I'm "hungry." Not giving into that false hunger during Whole30 though.

Day 2 went pretty smoothly for me, even though this is the second day in a row that I had to pack both lunch and dinner in the morning due to after-work obligations.

Like many others, I had a headache from the mid-afternoon on. I think it is hormonal; however, I did eat a handful of blueberries and a mango when I finally made it home...and the headache has resolved. So maybe this is a sugar withdrawal headache. If I get another headache tomorrow, I will see if I can ride it out without fruit.

Having a hard time waking up in the mornings, and really really really ready to go to bed at night (fell asleep at 10, slept til 7:15) but once I'm up, and while I'm awake, feeling a lot more energy. Had steaks, roasted potatoes with onions and bacon, and smoked paprika cauliflower for dinner and was totally satisfied. It's only day 3 but I'm not feeling too shabby! How is everyone doing this morning? 

I'm starting off Day 3 feeling pretty good.  Last night I made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes for my family, and normally I would repeatedly taste the potatoes to make sure they had enough salt, butter, etc. I made my husband be the taster this time. I had grilled tuna,  kale salad with olives and homemade baked sweet potato fries.  It was delicious and I wasn't even jealous of everyone else eating my meatloaf and mashed potatoes. 

I am very nervous about this weekend because that is usually when I indulge in wine and treats. Saturday evening I am taking the boys to see Lego Batman and the true test will be watching the movie without eating buttered popcorn.  Lord give me strength. 

Day 3 is feeling good :) Last night I had sausage on a bed of greens with nuts and grapes with balsamic vinegar on top and a fried egg on the side (these protein portions are so big!). 

This morning was more sausage and eggs and some broccoli. Tonight we're having burgers, mine will just be in lettuce instead of a bun. 

There are totally compliant meatloaf recipes, and mashed potatoes too (just use ghee or clarified butter in them). I think those are probably on our menu for next week sometime.

Yesterday's headache didn't ever come back after my second cup of coffee, I think it was just from fatigue. I was STARVING all day though, despite definitely not under-eating. I guess that's part of your body learning to use different energy sources?  

Day 3 going well for me. It's realizing the time it takes to prepare meals, so I will be doing some cooking/chopping cutting on Sunday for next week. Brought 1/2 of my breakfast to the gym w/me this AM & are it in the parking lot afterwards so I could run an errand. Tomorrow will be tough. Going to a movie marathon with some friends. Guess I'll be taking a large purse in to sneak in some meals;):wacko:

7 hours ago, Kimbo8 said:

Anyone else feeling hungry, but not? It's like my body is confused. I feel like the portions are too big...I get full really fast, so I stop eating. Then twenty minutes later I'm hungry again. 

Can you list out a few days worth of your food @Kimbo8 - I'm wondering if you're not suffering from indigestion, or the composition of your meals maybe needs some tweaking...

OK guys, I have a confession. Last night I had a huge sugar craving. I had a 1/4 of a banana and a tablespoon and nut butter. I know this is compliant but it totally defeats the whole purpose of whole30. Just substituting fruit and nut butter for  my sugar fix. Anyone have any advice? 

6 minutes ago, Kmactx said:

OK guys, I have a confession. Last night I had a huge sugar craving. I had a 1/4 of a banana and a tablespoon and nut butter. I know this is compliant but it totally defeats the whole purpose of whole30. Just substituting fruit and nut butter for  my sugar fix. Anyone have any advice? 

You're not alone!! It hit me hard...all I wanted to do was groin punch my husband and steal that sweet and salty granola he was devouring so blatantly in front of me. :P I left the room and I ate half an avocado with some cucumbers. Then after that I had a huge glass of lavender tea with mint and sipped on it until the craving passed. Meanwhile, he goes..man, I could really go for some popcorn right now :blink:

Archived