Getting ready for a March W30-Low FODMAP, other sensitivites

orca_chick

Hi everyone,

After posting in another topic the other day, I've decided that I am going to do a W30 in March to clean my diet back up and address some new sensitivities that I seem to have developed.  My biggest problem is that I seem to be running out of carb sources quickly due to the need to do a low FODMAP protocol this time around and having developed sensitivities to winter squashes.  There is conflicting information regarding sweet potatoes and white potatoes on a low FODMAP protocol, but I know that large amounts of sweet potato (more than 1 per day) do not agree with my body.  I also cannot tolerate spaghetti squash, butternut squash, or any other winter squash at this time.

Anyone have ideas for carb sources?  I work out 4-5 (1-3 days of crossfit, 1-2 days of boot camp) days per week and am fairly active on my rest days (I walk my dog 5+ miles on my rest days from the gym) so carbs are a must for me.

Thanks!

Jen

• Moderators

Plantains (it looks like maybe green ones only, according to this list), turnips, rutabaga, parsnips, carrot.  Beets are on the yellow/caution part of that list, but are fairly starchy.

Does pumpkin bother you the way the other squashes do? It might, it's pretty similar, but if it didn't you could try canned pumpkin (not pie filling, just pumpkin).

Plaintains are a brilliant idea!  I love them but always forget to include them on my list of starches.  I also really like turnips, rutabaga, parsnips, and carrots.  I'll just be eating a TON of these to get my carbs in.  I also like taro and yuca but they can be hard to find.

I'm not sure about pumpkin.  To be honest, my squash sensitivity is brand new and I'm actually wondering if it is correlated with the re-introduction of white rice, oats, and yogurt in my diet.  I posted earlier this week that I tolerate these well but I've had more sensitivities and flare-up since re-adding these in my diet 6 months ago.  I just hadn't connected the dots.  I'm hoping a W30 and a proper re-intro will shed some light onto this.

Archived