Starting March 12

fritzy

Hello, 

My name is Chris and I am starting the Whole30 program on March 12.  I have been on many, many diets in my lifetime. My doctor suggested I read the book and do the Whole30 program. Looking for support here. :) I am the only one in my family that will be doing the Whole30, and that will be a challenge. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! I'm officially starting on March 13 and would love to start a bandwagon here with other people starting the same week. My first successful W30 was 2 years ago and I remember it so fondly. Since then I've had spurts of W30 (a few days or a week), but excited to immerse myself for the full 30 days again -- it makes a big difference. You will do great and will have a great time too! The number one contributor to my success were the daily emails (look at it first thing in the morning!), and secondly, this forum (accountability at the end of the day). Things I loved the most -- dramatically expanding my cooking repertoire, and cooking every day (you might think this is a "limiting" program, but quite the opposite), and feeling increasingly more vibrant, energetic, and happy as the month went on. 

Who else is joining the party?

Hi! I'd like to join you guys. I'm a total newbie, never done a whole30 before. I tried to get some girlfriends to join me but the response was lukewarm so i know i'm gonna need support from the forum.

Although I've been following a rough paleo style of eating, i love the sweet stuff - chocolate, cake etc. So i'm committing to the whole30 to reset my taste buds and maybe heal some niggling issues.

Today is my final prep day. I'm starting on the 11th. Looking forward to all those fun meals ahead. 

Hi, mind if I join you guys?   I've gotten tired of aches and pains, patchy skin and bad digestion.  It's time to reset and renew!  I'm starting on the 13th.  I'm lucky to have my husband in my corner.  He's not doing the whole 30, but he's willing to eat the meals, and just tweek them for himself if he thinks he needs to.  Anything that involves meat, he can live with :)

I heard about the Whole 30 from my college aged daughter who knows many professors who have done the Whole 30 and recommend it, as has her boss.  She's starting as soon as she gets back from her Disney cruise (brat!).

I'm determined, and looking forward to receiving and giving support with you guys.  Hopefully you can get me through the 'Kill All Things' phase :P

Thanks!

Hello,

I would love to join you guys. I am new to the forums, but looking forward to a team effort this time. 

I am heading to the grocery store today, planning to start tomorrow, March 11th. I have Whole30'd before with success (and also without). I've Paleo'd for years, on and off - mostly gluten free for health reasons either way - but I'm tired of the back and forth. Gluten triggers major inflammation for me, which can result in migraines. I know I look, feel, perform better strict Paleo, so I'm looking for this to provide the kick in the butt I am needing to get back on track. 

Had a baby on Jan 31, and BFing, so this is really for him, too! We can do this!! 

Hey I am starting my first round tomorrow! I have tried many meal plans and have never been successful. I know that Whole30 is exactly what I need. Could definitely use the accountability and motivation from the thread. Looking forward to feeling great!

OOh, yay! So excited to see so many people joining this thread, this is going to be great. And Karib, congratulations on the new little one! I'm breastfeeding as well and know the feeling of wanting to make the food you eat as good as possible for baby :) And Mtngoat -- I too am a sweets bandit. I love the W30's ability to completely banish those cravings and temptations. 

Day 1. I declined a chocolate muffin. So immediately this raises questions from people - are you on a diet? I don't want to discuss my motivations with people that I hardly know and found myself getting a bit defensive. The W30 is not a diet but has anyone got a quick response to describe what it is?!

In the evening i found myself thinking about wine, so i had a cup of tea instead. I think this is going to be an interesting psychology exercise - how to outfox my brain :blink:

4 hours ago, MtnGoat said:

I think this is going to be an interesting psychology exercise - how to outfox my brain :blink:

SO true! I started my third round on March 5, and I'm still trying to figure out how to do that! :D But it's SO worth the effort. 

I'd love to join you, too! Starting today, March 12. Part of me just wanted to plan more...to put the commitment off a little longer, I suppose. :) I'm doing this solo as well, so I'm thankful for the support I hope to find here. 

MtnGoat - Way to go! Refusing chocolate of any kind is a challenge for me. Re: a quick response to questions about what you're eating...how about "I'm cutting some things out of my diet for a while" or "I'm trying to eat more whole foods"? I'd like to give folks the benefit of the doubt and believe they are genuinely interested with the highest motive of encouraging or at the very least understanding you. Hopefully there will be a time you can add, "It's really making a difference; I feel really great." Of course, that could segue into a deeper conversation that you might be trying to avoid. ;)

Losing stevia and whey protein powder are going to be tough for a bit. I've been making the same protein smoothie each morning for years. It's like a mocha frappuchino made with almond milk. It's healthy but not W30 compliant. Ate eggs with veggie hash instead. Satisfying...and yet not quite.

I just started today, March 12th, and would love to join you all. This is my first time doing the Whole 30. I am using Real Plans to help save time with the meal planning part. It is just me and my hubby at home. He isn't doing the Whole 30, but he is totally willing to eat whatever I make. Looking forward to sharing any ideas or helpful tips along the way!

I started March 10, I hope it's okay to hang out on this thread with y'all! I tried a Whole30 about two years ago, made it to day 17, and then went off the rails. I moved from a northern city to the semi-rural south in 2014 and since then, my diet has gotten a lot worse and I drive everywhere instead of walking. I need to do this Whole30 to refocus myself, my diet, my sleep habits, and my overall wellness. I could really use some support :)

Hi everyone! I started today, March 12, and would love to join everyone! My father started on the first day this month and after telling me about the Whole30 I realized this is exactly what I need to do. I am a former competitive swimmer and have since struggled to have a healthy relationship with food in addition to gaining 13 pounds from when I was swimming. Might not seem like a lot but I was all muscle and quite frankly I'm not like that anymore--at all lol. I'm excited for the next 30 days and love the support in this forum!

I'm also a vegetarian, but will be doing the regular Whole30 program, eating eggs & fish (poor fishies i'm sad about it), but I didn't want to do the modified version.

@NancyW  I like Real Plans. You can set it for how many people you are cooking for, and it builds out an entire plan specific to Whole 30. While the plan is auto generated, you can adjust it to how you want it. I work all week, so adjusted my dinners for more servings, that way I can take leftovers for lunch.  You are also able to completely delete a recipe and add a different meal. Each recipe tells whether it is Whole30 compliant. The cost is a little high, but for me, it is worth the time savings.  

Sounds like there is potentially a huge support system within this forum! I Also just started today and I am super excited, but also a little scared because I have tried..... and failed.... at everything! Isagenix, Herbal Life, Weight Watchers, Slim Genics, Diet pills and blah blah blah the list goes on and on along; with the amount of money I have spent trying to find something that would work! My will power is weak and I have always given into to cravings too easily.  I am determined to reset my taste buds and just cleanse myself of all of the daily toxins I consume! 

Needless to say I too would love some additional support!!!! We've got this! We're going to rock the next 30 days!!! 

14 hours ago, MtnGoat said:

Day 1. I declined a chocolate muffin. So immediately this raises questions from people - are you on a diet? I don't want to discuss my motivations with people that I hardly know and found myself getting a bit defensive. The W30 is not a diet but has anyone got a quick response to describe what it is?!

In the evening i found myself thinking about wine, so i had a cup of tea instead. I think this is going to be an interesting psychology exercise - how to outfox my brain :blink:

I think a nice easy quick response is just  "I'm trying to eat healthier" You can't really argue with that logic! Of course losing weight is a big motivator for some of us (ME :) ) but the W30 really is just about getting healthier and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! 

P.S. Now I can't stop thinking about chocolate muffins haha! Time to brush my teeth and just call it a night! 

2 hours ago, andorya said:

@NancyW  I like Real Plans. You can set it for how many people you are cooking for, and it builds out an entire plan specific to Whole 30. While the plan is auto generated, you can adjust it to how you want it. I work all week, so adjusted my dinners for more servings, that way I can take leftovers for lunch.  You are also able to completely delete a recipe and add a different meal. Each recipe tells whether it is Whole30 compliant. The cost is a little high, but for me, it is worth the time savings.  

Thanks for the info, @andorya! i'm only cooking for myself, but i'm big on "planned-overs" for breakfast and lunch, so that might be helpful!

Glad to see so many folks are starting mid-month with us! I have now made it through day 2 (whew!), but I know, typically, day 3 is the hardest for me. I'm thankful it will be a Monday, so hopefully I'll be so busy with tasks, I forget to pay attention to my cravings. I tend to really rely on fruit a lot in the first week, which helps replace those sugar cravings, I presume, but I probably overdid it on green grapes today. 

Thanks, Dannelle, for the link to the timeline. It is great to have a guide for the next 30 days - I am trying not to focus on what day I am on, but I am sure I will have days where this guide will help me make sense of my cravings/feelings. 

Hope you are all having great first days, too!  

I originally was going to start on Saturday but I made excuses all weekend. Ate healthy but indulged in my pre-workout which is non-compliant. 

Getting rid of the excuses and starting today instead!

Happy Monday everyone! May the hangover days be manageable!

Wow, what a great support group we're building.  Let's do this!!

Thanks for the suggestions on how to respond to questions about what the W30 is. It's true, I am totally trying to eat more healthily and conquer my sugar dragon. 

To give myself some personal motivation I went a bit 'old school' and have drawn up my own W30 calendar and stuck it up in the kitchen. I'm making notes and adding smiley faces for encouragement :D. 2 so far!

Archived