Hand and feet sweeling

Akettish

I am on day 21 and I been eating well....Lots lots of work but enjoying all the good food.  The first week my rings felt loose.  However as I eat more regularly I now notice my rings are tighter again....I am trying to figure out if its the salt.  Most of ingredients I use is salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper, and lemon and limes.  Also, I think I need to ease up on my use of white potato.   Feeling frustrated.   

• Moderators

Usually, even if people are salting their food on Whole30, they're still not going to end up with too much salt, simply because they've cut out the processed foods that contain so much salt and are eating a lot of foods that don't naturally have salt. However, no one here is a doctor, so we can't really say for sure. If you're particularly sensitive to salt that's a possibility.

Are you drinking plenty of water? Aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz per day. Sometimes that could affect swelling.

Could you list what you are eating, just a day or two of what your typical food looks like, including approximate portion sizes as they relate to the meal template, and what vegetables you're eating? Sometimes some people react negatively to some foods that are perfectly okay on Whole30. For instance, some people find that nightshade vegetables cause problems for them, including swollen, inflamed joints for some people.

Archived