Unexpected Travel Right after Whole 30: Thoughts?

I will be wrapping this round (R4!) on the 30th of March and originally planned on following the full reintroduction schedule. However since beginning this round, I committed to travel for a conference & leave on April 3. Obviously this makes a regular reintroduction difficult.

I plan on making eating as compliant as I can and want to continue this lifestyle post-trip to really dial in my food freedom. My thought is to go back on a W10 when I'm back and then doing a formal reintroduction then. I already know that I do not plan on reintroducing legumes as I already know they don't work well for me, and pre-W30 I really didn't eat very much bread or processed stuff. I do miss cheese & the occasional wine, as know that sometimes they both can make me congested.

I want (and need) to feel well on the trip because I'll be presenting at the conference, but I also want to feel like I can go off plan without feeling crappy since I won't have *total* control of meals at awards banquets and social functions.

Do any of you have thoughts on what I should do with those 4 days prior to leaving or am I just overthinking it since my intention is to stay as compliant as I can while away (maybe a glass of wine or something, maybe a "worth it" dessert, and not stressing too much about meals)?

• 4 months later...

Archived