Joe's Crab Shack

Kristawesome

Has anyone eaten at Joe's during their Whole30? The menu looks okay...a lot of steamed options which I assume are compliant, but I need some kind of seasoning on my seafood! My friend's are going there this week and invited me out, but I'm wondering if there's any hidden ingredients in their seasonings. Any suggestions/tips?

• Moderators

Call them and ask?  Even if someone could tell you that they ate there and found xyz to be compliant, they may either be wrong or may be at a different location etc... You need to call and ask for yourself and then when you're ordering, you also ask again.  I would suspect that most of the seasonings have sugar or soy at the very least.

When you go out to eat, there's no guarantee that your server knows what's really going on in the kitchen. Chains employ chefs that change all of the time.  They bring along their trade secrets and tweaks for making food taste good.  If you really want to go, weigh the risks with the rewards. You choose and do the best you can with the consequences. 

Archived