Day 16....and sad

JinTx

I am on day 16 of my first whole30. Tomrrow we are having a potluck lunch for work. I am

Bringing a fruit tray but will also bring my own lunch. I went to costco today to get the fruit...and i got sad. So stupid. I got sad bc i wont eaf like a normal person anymore. My plan after my w30 is to move to paleo. The muffins, pies, at costco...they looked beautiful. And i want one. Only i know if i eat one i will want more. I understand i dont have to be perfect when doing paleo....but having a treat terrifies me. Im too afraid i will go back to my old ways....yet i miss the taste if the food of my old ways. Now i dont even want to participate in the potluck tomorrow bc temptation will be there. Which is sad bc giid friends will also be there and if i dont go i will miss out on seeing then. My goal of doing a w30 was to get healthy...not to be sad. And here i am, DAY 16, sad about a dang muffin?!?

J

JinTx,

I am on Day 16 too! The beautiful thing about getting sad about not being able to eat your "favorite" treats is that they will still be in their sticky-sugar glazed plastic-covered containers when you're done with your Whole30 - and when you off road you'll think "hey you know what this is useless to my body but I eat so well and know this is a conscious decision so here we go" and really enjoy the treat rather than potential old ways of thinking eating that crap was OK - which all in all makes you smarter and shows how much you truly love yourself and appreciate your body.

As for the potlock - seriously, make garlic mashed cauliflower from Nom Nom Paleo. Do it for yourself, do it for your family, do it always for everything if you want to seem "normal".

If you think about it, you could be sad for everyone else at the pot luck making themselves more unhealthy with every bite of muffin or Danish. I know about the emotional connection we have with food, but I choose to focus on how good I feel with every bite of " healthy food" and choose not to obsess on what I'm missing.... Because what I'm missing has led my to high blood pressure, messed up hormones, lethargy, fatigue..... Yes those muffins will sing their Siren song, but like Ulysses, tie your self to the mast.

Archived