Whole thirty take 2

dmartino95

I am starting Whole30 again this Sunday. My first attempt was a complete failure, I barely made a week mostly because I attempted to make it a secret, did it for weight loss and was not fully committed. This time I am more than ready, I NEED this reset now. I have have full body hives for 2 months now and my Dr. has been unable to treat them, we did an allergy panel and I have found I am allergic to several foods I had been eating daily. After omitting them I have felt a major increase in energy and a happier GI system. The fact I had been eating food I had a severe sensitivity to this often without realizing how crappy I was actually feeling horrified me and I want to see how much better I can get once I have identified all of my sensitivities and ideally I would like to get rid of the hives. I had a heart to heart with my fiance who agreed to be supportive and not bring anything I cant eat into the house and I am at a happy weight now. If anyone wants to partner up, more of a friend who I can share this journey with I would be ecstatic. Please message if you would like to team up, preferably female. 

• Moderators

Congrats on trying again!

The best way to get and give support is on these forums as you get so many ideas, tips, tricks and personal victories, stories and even personal defeats that you can learn from... there are not too many men here but they also have valid thoughts and can cheer you on as easily as a female :)  Be open minded to all the support, you're not doing it as a secret this time so let everyone in to support you!

Keeping the way we eat shouldnt have to be a secret. Its all healthy food, so why do people look at us like we're aliens? Having a partner in life to support your decision to eat this way takes LOADS of stress off. I've been reading too many posts about unsupportive spouses, families and friends (can't say I'm immune to those last ones, either), which is sad, as they should be our biggest cheer leaders! 

Archived