Whole 30 Day minus 1!

Emma/Baileys

Today is the day where i prep myself ready for Day one tomorrow. I am determined not to fail at this. I am not looking forward to the carb flu but i know it is going to happen. 

Measuring will happen tonight just before bed and weighing will happen first thing in the morning just after the bathroom visit (TMI lol!!)

hooefully i havent put on too much weight on my weeks holiday but i really really ate badly (it was Cornwall and cream teas were a big feature in most days!:(-_-) plus as we were in a caravan with limited cooking facilites takeaways happened a lot!)

Pre hoiday weight was 205lbs

Day 1

Weight

206.2lbs (not too bad considering what i ate last on weeks holiday)

45.6 Fat

10 Visceral Fat

32.8 BMI

24.2 Muscle

Breakfast is 3 boiled Eggs and poss an apple

Lunch is grilled chicken salad with 1/2 an avocado

Dinner is Pulled Pork Carnitas with Giant (and i mean giant its about 8 inches across) portabello Mushroom and diced & roasted Sweet potato both orange and white fleshed with some butternut quash

snack if needed is some brazil nuts.

Drinks at mint tea, black tea with cashew nut milk and water.

Exercise is a longish (2 miles) dog walk tonight.

DAy 2

HEadache from hell this morning. is it the dreaded Carb Flu or just dehydration from the over salty pulled pork carnitas last night.

Breakfast is more of the salty pulled pork with leftover sweetpotato mix

lunch is grilled chicken salad with the other half of the avo

Dinner tonight is the diner breakfast/all day sauage breakfast.

snacks are apples & brazil nuts

Drinks mint tea black tea with cashnut milk and water

Exercise is a rest day so short dog walk and a trot out to meet my friend for lunch (im not eating just chatting!)

Hey @Emma/Baileys - go easy on the cashew nut milk - especially if you are eating other nut products throughout the day. We don't really recommend nut milks for drinking other than adding to coffee/tea as nuts can be so hard on the digestive system when eaten in volume...

Good luck!

28 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Hey @Emma/Baileys - go easy on the cashew nut milk - especially if you are eating other nut products throughout the day. We don't really recommend nut milks for drinking other than adding to coffee/tea as nuts can be so hard on the digestive system when eaten in volume...

Good luck!

Hi thank you for the advice. i actually only use it in my tea and only as i cant find a carton version of coconut milk thats compliant in the UK - i will get round to making my own soon!

Day 3 (late posting!)

meal 1 - Mixed veg Frittata and a left over sausage pattie

Meal 2 - grilled/gridled chicken with salad and 1/2 an avo

meal 3 - chicken & cashew nuts with Zoodles - Thai style

i had no snacks today as not needed

Drinks mint tea black tea with cashnut nut milk & water

Exercise - 2 mile walk with the dog.

Day 4

MAjor cramp in my right calf just below the knee last night so i am hobbling around like a cripple! hopefully it will ease up soon - just hope it doesnt happen again tonight.

Meal 1 - mixed veg frittata and l/o sausage pattie

meal 2 - egg salad with 1/2 an avocado with EVOO & balsamic vinegar mixed with some Chilli flakes & Sea salt.

meal 3 - cod in red pepper sauce with cauli mash

Snacks available are an apple and some brazil nuts & walnuts

Drinks mint tea black tea with cashnut nut milk & water

Exercise - Rest day so not too much also with the pain in my calf i wont be walking far.

Day 5 - I WANNA KILL EVERYTHING!

last nights tea changed from cod to pork balls in the tomato sauce with zoodles so that means fish for friday!!

Meal 1 - the last of the mixed veg frittata and pork sausage splat

Meal 2 - Egg & prawn salad with EVOO & balsamic vineger and lemony salt dressing (I forgot my Avo BOO HOO?Yeah!! (i dont really like them!))

Meal 3 - Lightly dusted Cod with Cauli Mash and Asparagus and tenderstem brocolli and purple sprouting brocolli too.

Snacks - Crarfish tails, apple and mixed nuts if i need them

Drinks - mint tea black tea with cashnut nut milk & water

Exercise - longish walk with the dog.

DAy 6 - i think the kill anything bit has gone now! not too sleepy so far but watch this space

Meal 1 Quails eggs (waitrose didnt have the protein pots in) and ham slices

Meal 2 - mixed veg omlette

Meal 3 - not sure yet will look on Pinterest for ideas

Snacks - Crayfish tails Apple & nuts if needed ( not needed the last 2 at all this week though)

Drinks as usual black tea with cashew nut milk mint tea and water

Exercise - Shopping!! lol i am going to Whole Foods this afternoon and i really hope they have some interesting veg & other foods in

DAy 7 - a bit late but who cares!

meal 1 - bacon fried eggs mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes fried

meal 2 - i got so busy preping food i nearly forgot to eat anything - 1 banana & 1 naked bar

meal 3 - roast chicken roast sweet potatoes purple sprouting brocolli and asparagus and nom nom's gravy - very very mushroomy.

snacks no snacks

exercise - 1hr 10min/4.2 mile dog walk poor little thing was pooped by the end, she only has short legs and i dont walk slowly!!

cooking was nom nom's gravy 4 attempts at making mayo (i give up!!) whole30 ketchup, obviously the roast, almond milk & tuna cakes

Day 8

1/2 day at work today!! yippee!!!!

meal 1 - protein pot with sliced ham

meal 2 nearly forgot again!! naked bars x2

meal 3 chilli con carne with cauli rice

snack non

exercise short dog walk today poor thing is still pooped from yesterday!

more cooking this afternoon - set up the slow cooker with coconut chicken curry plus the chilli con carne/burittos for him. plus help him decant the remaining honey into jars.

i almost think that Tigers Blood has hit early!! i just couldnt stop last night - i cleaned the kitchen to within an inch of its life!! plus did a bit of gardening (picked a heap of strawberries and weeded my veg bed a bit. - it needs proper attention really so that might be wed/thur nites job.

day 9

meal 1 - tuna cakes and leftover bacon from sunday

meal 2 - leftover roast chicken in the final failed mayo with garlic granules and a salad & 1/2 an avocado

meal 3 - Salmon cakes with mixed sweet potatoe 'fries' white orange and purple!!! with my homemade ketchup.and poss asparagus.

snacks - i have an apple and a small pot of nuts but dont expect to need them as i havent needed snacks at all since starting this

drinks - black tea with my almond milk (yea!! i remembered to bring it in to work today!!) mint tea plus lots of water - i have been slightly lacking in this department lately

exercise - redesigning the chicken pen ready to get 4 more chickens as my girls just arent propducing enough eggs, thye cant keep up with my/our consumpsion!!

Archived