Broken bones, anyone?

On April 28, I broke my talus bone on my right foot and fibula on my left. The left leg is healed, but the right still is non weight bearing for a couple of weeks before therapy to walk again (it had surgery). 

I just started my third whole 30 today- has anyone had any kind of results with broken bones/physical therapy? 

Thanks! 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, BrielleU said:

On April 28, I broke my talus bone on my right foot and fibula on my left. The left leg is healed, but the right still is non weight bearing for a couple of weeks before therapy to walk again (it had surgery). 

I just started my third whole 30 today- has anyone had any kind of results with broken bones/physical therapy? 

Thanks! 

The Whole30 is an inflammation reducing protocol designed to help you discover what foods affect your body in what way.  Bringing down inflammation overall would be beneficial to any sort of injury but there's nothing about eating whole foods that is going to repair broken bones faster... that's asking a lot of food ;)

I started my delving into the world of paleo-type eating back when I broke my leg (spiral fracture of tibia/fibula) and I do feel that it helped.  From the inflammation reduction potential as @SugarcubeOD mentioned, but also from the idea of having better "building blocks" on board for my body to use ... like, the idea of less crap for the body to work on filtering before it gets to the stage of using nutrients for repair.

Archived