Day 23 - unsure?

Hi everyone!

This is my first whole30 and for the most part I am really enjoying the process. Before I started I was counting macros and mainly eating a diet of greek yoghurt, sugarfree jelly, rice cakes, kangaroo, konyak noodles and egg whites, So I was eating pretty much eating zero vegetables and definitelty not healthy! I love vegetables now and can't imagine not eating them they are so delicious!

The second week I felt a steady flow of energy and pretty good but day 20 I woke up with a headache which I never get and have felt super tired the last 4 days. I am not sure why. My pants are still the same tightness maybe more so. I wasn't expecting to lose weight as am probably eating much more than I was before  but I didn't think  I would gain either.

I have just about finished my cycle, I started on Friday (the day before headaches came).

Typical day of eating:

M1: Kangaroo meatballs and  1- 2 cups capsicum, zucchini, brussel sprouts, pumpkin cooked in coconut oil with 1/4 avo and 2 tsps. homemade almond butter or mayo

M2: Plate sized serve of Mince with cauliflower rice and bowl of raw snow peas and capsicum and carrot plus 1/2 avocado. 1/2 banana

M3: Steak or salmon with 3/4 plate full of roast vegies - brussel sprouts, broccoli, butternut pumpkin, kale and blueberries all cooked in coconut oil  and 1/4 avo and 2 tsps. of mayo or sprinkle of almond flour ixed with nutritional yeast (dairy free parmesan).

After dinner several times a week I might have some more berries or half banana or some almonds.

I workout about 4 times a week, mainly weight training 1-1.5 hours and 1 session of hiit circuits. On these days I have a pre workout meal of  either kangaroo patty and avocado and then post workout of 1 or 2 homemade meatballs and small serve of roast vegetables.

I drink 2-3 litres of water a day in the form of water and herbal tea.

Can you see anything I might be doing wrong which I can correct now? I feel fine but I feel like I could/should be feeling better? Im not sure....

Thank you for your time!

• Moderators

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Your meals actually look pretty decent to me... I"d say maybe you're a titch light on fat - avocado is a half to a whole and even tho you're supplementing with the mayo, it may not be enough.  Otherwise I'd say maybe you just caught a bug or it's your period?

Archived