Having menstrual cramps post-menopause

Sam V

I've been on whole 30 for 6 days and became concerned that today I started having menstrual type cramps even though I am postmenopausal and haven't had my period in several years. I am sort of swollen like I'm retaining fluid and exhausted (that part I was expecting).  I have read many posts by women whose period was very affected by Whole30, sometimes for the entire duration. But hadn't read anything that fit the description of my current issue. Can anyone explain why this is happening?  Thanks! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sam V said:

I've been on whole 30 for 6 days and became concerned that today I started having menstrual type cramps even though I am postmenopausal and haven't had my period in several years. I am sort of swollen like I'm retaining fluid and exhausted (that part I was expecting).  I have read many posts by women whose period was very affected by Whole30, sometimes for the entire duration. But hadn't read anything that fit the description of my current issue. Can anyone explain why this is happening?  Thanks! 

The only real explanation that we could give would be that this is an adjustment in hormones for you... if you are concerned, please see a doctor, we are not medical professionals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, full disclosure, I am not a doctor, but I would consider looking into endometriosis and adenomyosis. 1 in 10 women have endometriosis (endowhat.com pacificendometriosis.com)  having post menopausal pain is sometimes a sign of endometriosis bease although your organs are no longer creating estrogen, the disease creates its own estrogen.  The bloating could be endo, or adenomyosis, which is when there is tissue inside the uterus. Definitely read up. Many doctors don't know about these diseases, or know what they do to you.

Archived