Primal kitchen green goddess salad dressing

Kristen 41988

It says whole30 approved and on this website it says it's approved and even has a link to the website to buy it. In the ingredients list it has coconut flower nectar and from what I've found is a type of sugar additive that in this forum I've seen people ask about in other types of food like bars. People say it's not ok for whole30 so should this salad dressing be approved or not? 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Kristen 41988 said:

It says whole30 approved and on this website it says it's approved and even has a link to the website to buy it. In the ingredients list it has coconut flower nectar and from what I've found is a type of sugar additive that in this forum I've seen people ask about in other types of food like bars. People say it's not ok for whole30 so should this salad dressing be approved or not? 

Interesting!  Definitely something we will bring to the attention of Melissa so she can follow up on it.  Sounds like maybe their recipe changed?  I'll send HQ a note right now.

The coconut flower nectar is there as it's an ingredient in the coconut aminos used in the dressing:

Organic Coconut Aminos (Organic Coconut Flower Blossom Nectar, Sea Salt),

Ingredient list found here. My understanding would be that it should still be compliant (based on the stickied thread that explains this about Coconut Aminos) - but don't take my word on this as I am a relative newbie to Whole30!

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, FeelGoodNic said:

The coconut flower nectar is there as it's an ingredient in the coconut aminos used in the dressing:

Ingredient list found here. My understanding would be that it should still be compliant (based on the stickied thread that explains this about Coconut Aminos) - but don't take my word on this as I am a relative newbie to Whole30!

Oh, in this case, yes, it would be allowed as it is actually an ingredient in the fermented coconut aminos. Go forth and Green Goddess away!

Ok well I'm pretty much a newbie to all of this. I eat horribly I feel horrible all the time and I'm trying to make this change for me and my kids. I haven't even started the whole30 yet. I'm starting on September 1st. I've just been trying to do my research now get as many questions as I can think of answered first and do some meal planning. So thank you for answering my questions :)

14 hours ago, Kristen 41988 said:

Ok well I'm pretty much a newbie to all of this. I eat horribly I feel horrible all the time and I'm trying to make this change for me and my kids. I haven't even started the whole30 yet. I'm starting on September 1st. I've just been trying to do my research now get as many questions as I can think of answered first and do some meal planning. So thank you for answering my questions :)

Ask away!! There are tons of answers to questions here in the forums, so be sure to google "Whole30 + whatever you're looking for" and it will likely bring you here with the discussion you're looking for. My phone was attached to my hip during my first whole30, I can't tell you how many times I googled "is ____ whole30" :) Good luck!!

Archived