Courtney's Round 2 Log

WholeCourtney

Meal 3:

Fall Sheet pan Chicken Bake; skin on chicken thigh marinated in evoo/mustard/rosemary, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, apple, red onion

As the day comes to a close I feel pretty good. I think I might still be a tad hungry but not sure, Ive definitely screwed up my hunger meter the past few weeks when I went off the rails and started eating crappy again.

• Moderators

This is totally anecdotal, but there are people who swear that they are hungrier all day if they have fruit at breakfast. Like, if they have the exact same breakfast two days except one day they add fruit to it, so it's actually more food, they are more hungry the rest of the day on the day they have the fruit. I'm not saying never have fruit, but maybe play with which meals you have it at and see if you notice a difference. 

And if you're consistently hungry between meals and can't go 4-5 hours without a snack, don't be afraid to add a little extra fat to your meals and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, ShannonM816 said:

This is totally anecdotal, but there are people who swear that they are hungrier all day if they have fruit at breakfast. Like, if they have the exact same breakfast two days except one day they add fruit to it, so it's actually more food, they are more hungry the rest of the day on the day they have the fruit. I'm not saying never have fruit, but maybe play with which meals you have it at and see if you notice a difference. 

And if you're consistently hungry between meals and can't go 4-5 hours without a snack, don't be afraid to add a little extra fat to your meals and see if that helps.

I have experienced this when I have added grapes to my breakfast.

5 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Interesting. Not something I experienced the first time around but certainly something to consider!

Day 3 Meal 3:

Cauliflower puree, braised chard, pan seared spicy shrimp with apple and cashew butter and blackberry lime sparkling water.

Gotta finish up these apples before they go bad lol.

I do feel much better today hunger level wise. Made the rookie mistake of going food shopping with an empty belly earlier but I still made healthy choices and avoided the free  samples. 

Day 4 Meal 2:

Leftover cauliflower paella with blackberry sparkling water.

I will be making a pumpkin spice latte shortly with real pumpkin and almond milk. The combination of new puppy and the early stage of the whole30 have me exhausted, I can NOT wait for tiger blood to kick in. 

Day 5 Meal 1:

SO incredibly not hungry today. Exhausted from literally no sleep last night due to puppy shenanigans so I started the day off with a pumpkin spice latte. Forced myself to eat a few bites of tuna now that its practically dinner time and yet I still have no appetite. 

Day 5 Meal 2 & Snack (no Meal 3)

Salisbury steak meatballs (that totally fell apart and just became a yummy meat gravy) over mashed potatoes and pomegranate vinegar glazed Brussel sprouts w/ onions with sliced pear and cashew butter.

No time or appitite for a 3rd meal but I did have some tuna and a lara bar.

Archived