What else can I do with this ACV?

AmyS

I bought some Braggs ACV to make mayonnaise, but I'd like to know what else I can do with this stuff. I'm really just getting into actual food prep for Whole30 eating. I did meats and salads for my first thirty days. I'm only just now getting interested in, err, more creativity. Heh.

O man! ACV is tasty on so many things. I love it in my creamed kale (w coconut milk, chicken stock and garlic.) It gives plenty of punch withou socking you in the mouth.

Also, I make my own sausage patties using it: ground pork, chopped chipotles, salt, pepper, lime, chili powder and ACV. Delicious.

I brined some pork chops in water, ACV, and salt yesterday. Turned out nice.

It's great for salad dressing as well. You can mix it with coconut milk or paleo mayo plus some seasonings for a tangy, creamy dressing for beg or meat.

Sorry for gushing; it's just a wonderful ingredient!

I used it to fend off a cold. I had a tickle in my throat and sniffles developing along with some body aches, and I started drinking ACV diluted in hot water. I also took maybe 5 zinc tabs in a couple of days. The cold never really came on beyond those initial symptoms, whereas normally I would be wiped out for a couple of days. It was like my body could really defend itself better with just these little boosts.

ACV is also used by many people to treat occasional heartburn (if you have no other medical conditions that would interfere). Again, drink it diluted and your tummy will settle.

• Moderators

I like to eat greens wilted in olive oil. Whenever I am wilting a "strong" green like kale, chard, or beet greens, I splash them with a little apple cider vinegar to "adjust" the flavor of the greens. Mild greens like spinach or bok choy don't need any.

By the way, Tom, I started following your blog in my Google reader, and I am enjoying your recipes. I also like meeting up with folks who've done a variety of things in life. I did my stint in CPE in the mid 1990s in Houston, after graduating (in music) from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Though I've moved far from my former views on spirituality and life in general, I still retain a fondness for those days. I think working as a chaplain made me what I am today. (Also, I get confused between SWBTS, the seminary acronym, and SWYPO, the, err, non-seminary acronym used here. Haha!)

Archived