Observations on Week 1


FitAnd50Something

Recommended Posts

My husband and I are starting Day 8 today!  So far, our journey has been interesting and (mostly) fun.  Here are some quick observations I've had over the last week:

  • About 75% of this is scratch cooking, which is all my mom ever did.  I'm realizing how lazy we've gotten.  The other 25% involves ingredients my mom never heard of, like tahini and coconut milk sour cream, but she would've loved experimenting with all of it!
  • The things people do with cauliflower, my goodness...
  • I'm pretty sure that I haven't gone a full week without alcohol since I stopped nursing my youngest, which was 21 years ago.  And I'm surprised by how little I'm missing it.
  • We might never buy ranch dressing from the store again.
  • Did I mention that I dig coconut milk sour cream?
  • I'm not tempted to get on the scale, but I am tempted to run the numbers to see how much we're saving by not eating out.  Week 1, however, is probably a draw because we stocked up on so many new items at the more expensive health food grocer.
  • A sentiment from one of the rougher moments of the past week: Do you know why people eat sandwiches?  BECAUSE THEY'RE F-ING CONVENIENT.

I'm really grateful for all the online support.  

Thank, Amy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FitAnd50Something said:

My husband and I are starting Day 8 today!  So far, our journey has been interesting and (mostly) fun.  Here are some quick observations I've had over the last week:

  • About 75% of this is scratch cooking, which is all my mom ever did.  I'm realizing how lazy we've gotten.  The other 25% involves ingredients my mom never heard of, like tahini and coconut milk sour cream, but she would've loved experimenting with all of it!
  • The things people do with cauliflower, my goodness...
  • I'm pretty sure that I haven't gone a full week without alcohol since I stopped nursing my youngest, which was 21 years ago.  And I'm surprised by how little I'm missing it.
  • We might never buy ranch dressing from the store again.
  • Did I mention that I dig coconut milk sour cream?
  • I'm not tempted to get on the scale, but I am tempted to run the numbers to see how much we're saving by not eating out.  Week 1, however, is probably a draw because we stocked up on so many new items at the more expensive health food grocer.
  • A sentiment from one of the rougher moments of the past week: Do you know why people eat sandwiches?  BECAUSE THEY'RE F-ING CONVENIENT.

I'm really grateful for all the online support.  

Thank, Amy

Love reading your observations - did you make dump ranch?! I'll never buy from the store again either :) I made a faux sandwich a few weeks ago by slicing a chicken breast in half and using that as the outside - I put ranch, bacon and spinach inside and it was so delish...and pretty convenient too since I cooked up a big batch of chicken ahead of time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.