Running fuel that's NOT sweet potatoes or dried fruit?

Caley

Anyone have any good suggestions for what I could consume during long runs? I have an intolerance to sweet potatoes and dried fruit so I can't consume either of those. I have no idea what else I can eat that is easy to transport with me while running.

• Moderators

I ran with bananas back before there were bars and gels. Some people carry baby food. You have lots of choices with baby food - vegetables, fruit, even meats - and it is already pureed. You can either scoop it out of the little bottles with your fingers while you run or transfer it to ziplog bags before you start to avoid the bottles.

my husband is a marathon runner and often takes no sugar added apple sauce (they have other fruit/veggies too for toddlers in the little pouches). he tried to bring a banana once and it didn't end well - during marathons I hand him one at the half way point, but when he carried one on him it turned to mush and gagged trying to choke it down (amazingly he did) :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was just going to say they have awesome little pouches now for pureed baby food. All sorts of different fruits and veggies and the majority of them that I have seen are completely organic with nothing but the pureed fruit or veggie mix. My daughter loves them :)

Archived