HELP! Day 17 and gaining weight!

*KG

I know the Whole30 guidelines say one sometimes gains weight the first coupla weeks but this is into my third week and my pants are tight and it's not from bloating. I can actually see the weight gain on my body. I think it must be from all the food; I used to eat sparsely during the day but now am eating protein and more veggy dishes at every meal. While I took this on for GERD and systemic inflammation, I was also hoping a bonus would be some weight loss. What am i doing wrong?

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, *KG said:

I know the Whole30 guidelines say one sometimes gains weight the first coupla weeks but this is into my third week and my pants are tight and it's not from bloating. I can actually see the weight gain on my body. I think it must be from all the food; I used to eat sparsely during the day but now am eating protein and more veggy dishes at every meal. While I took this on for GERD and systemic inflammation, I was also hoping a bonus would be some weight loss. What am i doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong probably... this sentance 'I used to eat sparsely during the day' is the key to figuring this out... if you were calorie restricting prior and now you're fuelling your body with nutrients on a consistent basis, your body, being the smart machine that it is is going to start holding on to these nutrients because it will assume you're going to go back to 'sparsely eating'... think feast and famine in the old old old days... 

Just hold the line, eat three template meals a day and trust the process... honor and fuel your body with good food and things will even out.

Archived