Day 31 - Mediterranean tonight! (for real this time)

Cynthia Wagner

** sorry for posting earlier as a guest, I'm such a noob **

Hi everyone,

I finished the Whole30 last night! Yay! I'm going to follow up with a reflective post later, but for now I have a more urgent question: tonight's dinner.

The BF and I are celebrating a couple of things tonight, including my achievement on the Whole30. He wants to take me to his favorite mediterranean restaurant, and I LOVE this kind of food. The thought of hummus and shawarma is making my mouth water... but I don't want to spend our date night miserably sick. Any ideas about what would be good to introduce first, without going hog wild? I'm ok with the idea of limiting my menu tonight so that we can enjoy our first night out in months. I think I'll steer clear of the pitas, but any other advice? Oh, and I have to have some wine. As in, it's been calling my name.

Anyone else try mediterranean during reintroduction, and if so, did anything really mess you up? It's the middle of day 31 and I have yet to eat anything off-plan. The long-term goal is to eat mostly Paleo anyway.

Thanks so much in advance!

C.

Have you read ISWF? There is a very good reintroduction plan. Basically you add one food group a day. For example, today may be a good time to try gluten or dairy. That way, you could have pita bread or something yogurt. You have it with all three meals and then go back to W30 for 2 days. Then you introduce the next food group on day 4. If you mix your food grouls, you won't have a solid idea of what you can tolerate and what you can't.

Thanks, slw600! I have the book, but I started/completed W30 without reading through the whole thing yet. :(

I'll read through that chapter thoroughly before going out tonight and follow that plan. I think it basically means I have to choose either wine OR a new food group, but if I want to make the last 30 days worth it, that's a sacrifice I have to make.

Nice! :) I have a feeling I would be more fun for everyone else and I would end up with a pretty bad hangover. Maybe I'll hold off on that...

Now, time to make some tough choices on food groups. Maybe grains is the most 'economical' because I can get a variety of foods at a mediterranean place that fit this bill.

Archived