Herbs/Seasonings on low histamine protocol?

ZaneC

Hey everyone! I'm 8 days into my Whole30 and I'm experiencing lots of nasal congestion/allergy symptoms. This isn't really unusual for me but theres no pollen and my house has been dusted recently. So I've decided to try the low histamine protocol and see if that does anything for me. I have after all, been eating a crazy amount of bananas and tomatoes.

The remaining thing I'm concerned about didn't see discussed in the article was herbs and seasonings. Curry in particular. So then, are there any herbs and seasonings that are off limits on the low histamine protocol?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, ZaneC said:

Hey everyone! I'm 8 days into my Whole30 and I'm experiencing lots of nasal congestion/allergy symptoms. This isn't really unusual for me but theres no pollen and my house has been dusted recently. So I've decided to try the low histamine protocol and see if that does anything for me. I have after all, been eating a crazy amount of bananas and tomatoes.

The remaining thing I'm concerned about didn't see discussed in the article was herbs and seasonings. Curry in particular. So then, are there any herbs and seasonings that are off limits on the low histamine protocol?

The low histamine protocol uses the same rules as the Whole30 but with additional voluntary restrictions.  Your best bet would be to google a low histamine spice list off the internet and then see how that matches up with the Whole30 rules.  The other thing with a low histamine protocol is that there's no baseline that applies to all people... different people have different tolerance levels so you'll want to take the list you find, cut those items out and then add them back as reintroduction just like any other food and see how you go with each one.

Archived