Started today

David H.

• Moderators

I find that most salads can get boring pretty quickly, especially if you tend to make the same one over and over again. There are some ideas here for things you could put together for easy lunches, just cook everything ahead of time:  http://meljoulwan.com/2014/06/25/great-ingredients-recipe-required/  Or if you're up for eating cold foods or have a way to reheat your lunch, you can always make extra dinner and have leftovers. Soup or chili can be kept hot in a thermos or reheated. Frittatas are not bad cold. There's lots of options, don't get stuck in the salad for lunch rut.

There is so much you can do with a simple spinach salad. If you have chicken for dinner, cut up a breast and throw if on your salad the next day, same with steak. Chop up a boiled egg. I have to have some protein on my salad. Or chop up some strawberries or blueberries and put on the salad for a different kind of flavor. I haven't started my 30 yet, but I am looking forward to it. Hope this is helpful.

I am on Day 5 now. I notice it says 'Log' but not even I am interested in my own day by day accounting of my little journey here, so assume you all could do without every little detail. I had a funny situation the other day. I was cooking while my wife was fixing our single cup coffee maker (role reversal in our house).  To test the system she made a cup and sure enough, it worked fine.  The mug was nice and warm so I picked it up out of habit and took a sip. It was hot chocolate! I immediately spit it out in the sink and washed my mouth out. It was kinda funny and hope the Whole30 police don't tell me I broke a rule and have to start over :). I have been really pleasantly surprised how the kids just eat what we serve them and seem to enjoy it. I do tend to put a fair amount of seasoning on everything and hope that helps. First weekend on the program and my son's birthday, Thanksgiving and holiday parties will make this an interesting few weeks.

Archived