Starting Whole30 on January 15, 2018

gibster2

On 1/9/2018 at 10:50 PM, lexxyharrty said:

First timer here, starting Jan 15 as well! Trying to send a request to the group, but Facebook is telling me the page does not exist?

Are you still having issues w that? I've been adding people every day, so it shouldn't be a problem.

That said, I'm going to turn it into a closed group before we start, so you wanna join before the 15th.

HELLO EVERYONE!

I plan to start on January 15th as well and would love to join your group!  I am the only one in my household (family of 5) doing the Whole30 so I will definitely need your support.  I just purchased the workbook from Amazon and it should arrive on Saturday.

I’ll hop on over to facebook and join the group.

Thanks everyone,

Joanna:)

I'm actually gonna start my 2nd W30 on the 14th, but I saw this group and decided to hop on :). I will also hop on the FB group. The last 6 weeks have been a fast slide down the slippery slope of over indulging... time to nip it in the bud.

My husband and I are first timers and plan to start January 15th. I am reading the book now and hope I am ready by Monday! Thankfully, we started over 2 years ago drastically reducing sugar and other toxins from our diet, however that said, we have not been doing so great these last few months and feel this plan would get us moving in the right direction again. Our daughter gets married in April and we want to look and feel our best! I have done month-long cleanses so-to-speak or a "reset" and have eliminated sugar, alcohol and bread but NEVER eliminated dairy and cheese altogether. I am a little nervous about this part. And although I have done these things and cooked many a new dish, I am still a little overwhelmed with this plan for some reason. I think it's partly the idea of really scrutinizing ingredients and not messing up even one little bite that is a little intimidating. I know we are talking about eating here, but I even have questions about more external things such as skin care and bath products and their ingredients as to their absorption into the body and how that relates to the "do's and don't" of this plan. For example, soy and carrageenan which are sometimes lurking in personal care products. But, I am willing to rise to the challenge. I do think it will be harder for my husband who regularly takes customers out to eat for lunch and leaves the house very early before breakfast on most days and will be looking for any advice I can get to help one very busy and hard-working spouse.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, aikenheart said:

I even have questions about more external things such as skin care and bath products and their ingredients as to their absorption into the body and how that relates to the "do's and don't" of this plan. For example, soy and carrageenan which are sometimes lurking in personal care products. 

This is not a concern for Whole30, we are only concerned about what you eat... even toothpaste and mouthwash, so long as you are not consuming it, then it's not a problem what the ingredients are for the purpose of the program.  That said, a LOT of people find that once they're done their Whole30 and they're feeling 'cleaner' they start looking for other ways to reduce toxins and that can have a spill over effect onto household and personal care products (I'm one of those... no chemicals near me/in me/on me thanks).  I would encourage you to focus on the program first and then work on removing those household 'notsogreats' if that's going to be another huge shift for you.

I'm starting tomorrow as well, this is my first try. I've sent a request to the FB group. I've spent the last week gathering compliant pantry items and recipes and rereading the book. I'm doing this solo and my husband has promised to eat whatever i cook so I will be coming here for moral support

Starting Jan 15th as well! - I'm also a first timer :)...did my initial grocery run - did my request to the FB group...have a (local) dear friend (newbie as well) joining me...no one in my household (hubby + 3 teenagers), however, so I'm really hoping to get support, ideas, motivation from here....really wanting to be successful....

My husband and I started our Whole 30 today and I just sent a request to join the FB group. I was planning on a Jan. 2 start, but I got my husband on board to join me as long as we started after his bday so he could indulge in some cake over the weekend. We've been busy planning and stocking our fridge and feel ready for today! I'm gluten intolerant so the gluten free aspect is not an issue, but sugar and wine will be our challenge. Our 12 year old was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease this spring, so while he is not fully doing the Whole 30 with us, he is intrigued and has expressed an interest in maybe doing "everything but the sugar part".  So he's on board at least for the Whole 30 dinners!

Archived